Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Raven Black/Cashmere XLR

Question "Retractable" grille badge?

So, while showing off my just-acquired 2007 XLR, one of my friends apparently knocked into the wreath and crest in the center of the grille, which then folded flat into the grille and left a big circular opening. I was able to pop it back but am wondering the purpose of this? Any input? Thanks in advance,

Adam

"Retractable" grille badge? rexster314's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Base Infrared

The mount for that emblem is plastic. i would imagine it's designed to collapse along with everything else in the front end upon frontal impact. It wouldn't do for everything else to collapse and the emblem act like a branding iron, leaving an impring of the wreath and shield on somthing/somebody

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Infrared XLR (Beauty); 2008 GT500 (Beast); 2007 Black XLR-V (Victor)

Quote Originally Posted by adambravo View Post
    So, while showing off my just-acquired 2007 XLR, one of my friends apparently knocked into the wreath and crest in the center of the grille, which then folded flat into the grille and left a big circular opening. I was able to pop it back but am wondering the purpose of this? Any input? Thanks in advance,

Adam
    Did you "pop" your friend too? (kidding!)

Glad it was an easy fix & welcome to the XLR-NET!

yep, I drive a hybrid - a V8 bred for high speed!

2006 Infrared XLR
    Corsa exhaust
    XLR-V sway bar
    Powder coated calipers
    Drilled & slotted rotors
    Custom engine cover
    Custom hood & trunk liner
    Zaino polish

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by adambravo View Post

Adam
    I read that Cadillac were thinking of mounting a camera in the grille for night vision, but didn't go ahead with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Crimson Pearl XLR

Question another explanation,,,

Quote Originally Posted by xlrlist01 View Post
    I read that Cadillac were thinking of mounting a camera in the grille for night vision, but didn't go ahead with it.

My chat with a certified, Bowling Green schooled XLR Tech,,,,,,said the original thought was to make that flexible/hinged emblem as the 'secondary hood latch release'.
    That sounds more plausible ,,,,, except if some moron wanted to steal the emblem....
    http://www.xlr-net.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6664&d=1473338578

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

N/Z

Shhhh, it's were the Machine Gun pops out from..

7. Likes XLRATING, GizmoQ liked this post