Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Lowering the XLR

A

Animate

What options are available for lowering the XLR. Does it come with height adjustable coil overs?

Oops, I just read it's sprung by transverse leaf front and back. I presume that limits options for lowering.

Why would you want to lower it? Living in Canada you are going to find if the snow is more than four inches on the roads you are going to be having problems as it is. Then again maybe you are not planning on driving it in snow. :):):)

Just curiosity at this point. A bigger priority is getting one!

I just updated my profile. I'm on the west coast, we don't see snow very often here.

Oops, I just read it's sprung by transverse leaf front and back. I presume that limits options for lowering.

Its just like the C6 vette... you can lower both the front and rear about an inch or so.

Yep, it's a very easy adjustment, and drop varies from car to car (anywhere from 1/2" - almost 1"). Mine came down about 3/4", looks much better at none to minimal sacrifice in ride quality. I can't actually tell any difference in ride and it certainly looks better.
Car should be realigned after this adjustment.
Bruce

Thanks for the info. Is it a continuous adjustment or are there discreet settings?

Not discrete settings, it is a bolt that lowers the car, so I just ran them all the way in, then backed out 1 turn all the way around.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom