Corvette Chief Tom Wallace to Retire in November

Rob

Seasoned Member
Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
Corvette Chief Tom Wallace to Retire in November

Corvette Racing Program Manager Doug Fehan announced last night that GM Vehicle Line Executive Tom Wallace will retire from the company effective November 1st.

The news, delivered at a Petersen Museum event honoring Corvette Racing history, came as a shock to enthusiasts involved in the hobby, who have come to appreciate Wallace's keen grasp of performance-car culture and obvious passion for the marque.

While no reasons were given for the move, Wallace's departure could be related to uncertainty surrounding the timeline for the seventh-generation Corvette. The car--originally slated for a 2012 model-year release--has reportedly been pushed back by at least two years, a span to which Wallace may have been unwilling to commit.

Rob, thanks for posting this article on Tom. Kathy and I got to meet Tom a couple of years ago and we became friends. His retirement is a shock and a huge loss for the XLR/Corvette community. Tom is a real "car guy" and a supporter of performance cars. We will miss him.

Bruce :)

• Admin
Rob, thanks for posting this article on Tom. Kathy and I got to meet Tom a couple of years ago and we became friends. His retirement is a shock and a huge loss for the XLR/Corvette community. Tom is a real "car guy" and a supporter of performance cars. We will miss him.

Bruce :)
I agree. I've never met him, but from what I've seen and heard about him, he's always impressed me. I'm actually kind of bummed because he seems to be a true car guy with a strong love for the Corvette.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom