Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Burl vs. Eucalytpus Trim?

Rob

Seasoned Member
Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
Did some XLRs, particularly later model years like the 2008 come with "burl" wood trim instead of Light/Dark Eucalyptus or was it a combination of the two?

If so, was there an additional cost for the Burl wood trim?

Did some XLRs, particularly later model years like the 2008 come with "burl" wood trim instead of Light/Dark Eucalyptus or was it a combination of the two?

If so, was there an additional cost for the Burl wood trim?

Burl Accents or Olive Ash ( I have seen it listed both ways), was used on '07-'09 Platinum Editions. You could get either dark or light Eucalyptus wood trim up to '08 on the standard XLR. :wave:

• Admin
Burl Accents or Olive Ash ( I have seen it listed both ways), was used on '07-'09 Platinum Editions. You could get either dark or light Eucalyptus wood trim up to '08 on the standard XLR. :wave:

So Olive Ash was standard on both XLR and XLR-V in 2009?

All three were options on the XLR-V from 2007 - 2009 as well?

• Admin
Thanks to the link..... Some '08 Vs were built with out the Zingana wood on the steering wheel for a credit or a later wheel swap. Where does the wood go on the wheel? Has anyone ever seen this?

• Admin
Bruce: question about MSRPs on the special editions: you list the price of the Neiman Marcus as $85,000. Was this the MSRP? What was the MSRP of the Platinum Editions with the exception of the 2009 which were all Platinum editions?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Phrede,

The wood wheel accent was on the top 1/3 of the steering wheel. As I understand it, Cadillac had a problem getting them from the vendor, so some of the '08's came with the wheels for V's (V models do not have the wood wheel)

Thanks to the link..... Some '08 Vs were built with out the Zingana wood on the steering wheel for a credit or a later wheel swap. Where does the wood go on the wheel? Has anyone ever seen this?

'08 was the first year for heated steering wheels & some of them were cracking the wood on the steering wheel. All of the Cadillac models with this problem were built without the wood on the steering wheels until the problem was corrected.

Bruce: question about MSRPs on the special editions: you list the price of the Neiman Marcus as $85,000. Was this the MSRP? What was the MSRP of the Platinum Editions with the exception of the 2009 which were all Platinum editions?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

The NM Edition in '04 was $85,000 on the window sticker. I don't remember the price of the others. Here's some more info;
https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/cadi...648-xlr-debut-@-detroit-auto-show-2003-a.html

1039d1289747002-xlr-debut-%40-detroit-auto-show-2003-neiman-marcus-xlr-sept.-2003-22.jpg

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom