Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Question

Lola's Mom

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Black Raven
Okay, so maybe this is something I just have never paid attention to before ..... or maybe it means something ...??

When I start Lola up - just for a split second a symbol lights up right over the volt gauge .... it looks like this ... (!) ...... and then it goes away.

When I start up the car, all the lights on the cluster light up momentarily to signify that they are working. The tire pressure light, brakes, etc all come on momentarily and then go off. I believe that is part of the system checking itself.

Okay, so maybe this is something I just have never paid attention to before ..... or maybe it means something ...??

When I start Lola up - just for a split second a symbol lights up right over the volt gauge .... it looks like this ... (!) ...... and then it goes away.

Hmmm, could it possibly be all the other aren't lighting????? :pat:

Floyd

Oh .... well, now I guess I'll just have to go check that out .... :squint:

Might be the tire monitor indicator

Hi RuthAnn, I think you are seeing the tire monitor indicator..Have that symbol on both the xlr and the escalade.. If you ever lose tire pressure it will come on as well as indicate in the dic..

See you next friday.. My brother inlaw and I are going to the car show then stopping up at the sportsman to visit.

JIM

Ruth Ann, that's just the othe "idiot light" for the Tire Pressure Monitoring System. It should light upon ignition so you know the light works. Normally, the DIC will display a message if your tire pressure is high or low; this light turns on with it to let you know you have a problem.

PS That's why the (!) symbol has treads beneath it.

TD .... thankfully, everytime I "lose" it, someone helps me find it! :lol:

When I start up the car, all the lights on the cluster light up momentarily to signify that they are working. The tire pressure light, brakes, etc all come on momentarily and then go off. I believe that is part of the system checking itself.

And so, I did check that .... and that is exactly what happens .... except, the (!) lights up .... just for a split-second .... just prior to all of them coming on ... that's the part that caught my eye.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom