Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Nov 28-30, 2008, BBB III cruise

Gee..............I thought I pulled the strings, but your at a higher elevation so I guess it was you.
See ya in LA
I was able to pull some strings and get good weather scheduled for our run. Everything else should be about as set as I will get it.
Everyone have a great Thanksgiving, and we'll see some of you Friday!
Bruce

I got all the makings of a top-quality Stinger, my friend. A couple of those and your only appointed duties will be Falling Down!!! :laugh:

Yes we will come to the mountain and we shall all drive down to the Toyota dealership and show them some good looking machines and bring Doris a Turkey Sandwich..............How's that for last minute thinking? We will not be held back from our appointed duties.

Well our outgoing Governor :rocket: saw fit last year to contract for 100 photo radar units for the state to enhance revenue. For this weekend they plan to have one ever 20 miles between Phoenix and Blythe on the I-10. That should add at least 30 minutes to my drive time. :bash:

If I am late to Carney's you will know why. :pat:

Well our outgoing Governor :rocket: saw fit last year to contract for 100 photo radar units for the state to enhance revenue. For this weekend they plan to have one ever 20 miles between Phoenix and Blythe on the I-10. That should add at least 30 minutes to my drive time. :bash:

Just smear a little grease on your plates and program Bob's traffic ticket attorney into your phone's speed dial - you will be good to go!

Your stupid govenor will find he has spent money for nothing.These photo cameras have been shown in other states to be nothing but extra taxes put on the people and have been outlawed in three states already.
I'm glad you found out about them in time. We will not eat without you guys.:blinzel:

one more

I am in twenty nine palms and am delighted to advise that my grandson will be comimg with me tomorrow to Studio City, have changed my reservations for two beds. He does not have to report back until Monday morning so will be able to go with us to Doris and Mark's. He will be getting out of the Marines next Tuesday, his four years will be up and I am sure glad of that. See you tomorrow, have a Happy Thanksgiving. First Robin

I am in twenty nine palms and am delighted to advise that my grandson will be comimg with me tomorrow to Studio City, have changed my reservations for two beds. He does not have to report back until Monday morning so will be able to go with us to Doris and Mark's. He will be getting out of the Marines next Tuesday, his four years will be up and I am sure glad of that. See you tomorrow, have a Happy Thanksgiving. First Robin

That sounds wonderful. :wave::wave:We look forward to meeting the both of you!!!!! And yes, I agree with you, thank God he is home for good...:patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot:

http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=_undefined I look forward to shaking his hand and thanking him for putting his life on the line for we grateful people, Thank you grandson, and to all the grandsons, sons, daughters, and granddaughters protecting us from terrorism around the world.
I am in twenty nine palms and am delighted to advise that my grandson will be coming with me tomorrow to Studio City, have changed my reservations for two beds. He does not have to report back until Monday morning so will be able to go with us to Doris and Mark's. He will be getting out of the Marines next Tuesday, his four years will be up and I am sure glad of that. See you tomorrow, have a Happy Thanksgiving. First Robin

'Just got up ... :sleeping: - Ray is already out in the garage giving Lola her last minute spit n' shine ..... we will be leaving for BBB in about 3 hours ...... see you this afternoon!:)

Wish all of our forum buddies could meet us there ..... oh, wouldn't BBB just never be the same! :rocker:

Had to get up early again this morning and open up the "new" house for the tile guys. They are now about a week behind schedule; thanks to someone I know changing her mind a dozen times! Anyway, have tons of fun at BBB; but save some energy for Saturday night. It's looking more like buffet-style eating with seating as you can find it since we already moved our extra tables and folding chairs to the other house! hey, the tile guys needed somewhere to sit while they eat their lunches......day after day after day........:(

Be Safe! And don't let Bob get in trouble; afterall - half the waitress population of the greater LA basin have him on their "slap on sight" list:laugh:

Have a GREAT time at BBB... wish we could have made it down. We are going to try to make at least one of the get-togethers this year... just don't know which one, yet.

We are at Marias in nortridge eating Italian. Will send pic of latest waitress
Had to get up early again this morning and open up the "new" house for the tile guys. They are now about a week behind schedule; thanks to someone I know changing her mind a dozen times! Anyway, have tons of fun at BBB; but save some energy for Saturday night. It's looking more like buffet-style eating with seating as you can find it since we already moved our extra tables and folding chairs to the other house! hey, the tile guys needed somewhere to sit while they eat their lunches......day after day after day........:(

Be Safe! And don't let Bob get in trouble; afterall - half the waitress population of the greater LA basin have him on their "slap on sight" list:laugh:

Her name is Danielle .... :love:

Yep ... he did it again.

RA

P.S. Having a fun trip .... b-pappy, who's name is Bruce - who keeps getting mixed up with Bruce (C-Tech) ... well, we need to rename him ... his own wife came up with Happy Pappy ... ha-ha ... I love it ...:lol: The Wives would love Tracy .... I am trying my da*ndest to get them to RIV ...
First Robin's young Marine grandson would surely steal some hearts .... ohhhhhh, if I was about 20! (I don't even remember 20! :willy_nilly:)... tomorrow it's the famous Carney's for their hotdogs ... and then on to Chowchilla ... this day went way too fast. :bawling:

Hey, I got up this morning and I can't find the key to the liquor cabinet. Without it there will be no "hair of the dog" shot this morning............:pat:

I know we had a great time, I just wish I could remember it. :dunno:

Fantastic Host & Hostess

Doris & Mark really put on an out of this world meal for us last night, they had local friends in also. No waitress for Standby but I think he would have liked one of the neighbor ladies to be his waitress. Thanks again for your gracious hospitality. Heading to Ventura this morning, the fog has lifted. And yes Ruthie is right, my grandson is a head turner, takes after his grandpa.:laugh::laugh:Looking forward to RIV in San Antonio in May. First Robin

Doris and I really appreciated the effort put forth by Robert, Bob, Ruth Ann, Ray and Kent to include us in the BBB weekend. We realize it was a long drive for you all and we hope you enjoyed the evening as much as we did! we also wish to thank you for allowing us to blend in a few of our local friends and neighbors. I know they had a great time; I just wish Wilda had left the desert tray! :dunno:

Now if I could just find that d@mn key to the liquor cabinet. I think Bob slipped it in his pocket. I never should have attached it to a Boutique keychain.............he will spend hours pulling on that finger. :laugh: :laugh:

I'm hoping pictures will be posted soon for those of us in the Midwest who couldn't attend.

Kathy :)

Thanks to Mark and Doris for being such gracious hosts. They even opened their doors to us after meeting all of us last year. Always the optimist is suppose :laugh:

Great to meet Bruce and Tracy, even if it was only for a short time. A pleasure meeting Robert aka First Robin, look forward to seeing you again in San Antonio. I also got to meet Mike, XLR Cad at Carney's while I was waiting on the rest of the group to show.

Ruth Ann and Ray, it is always great to see the two of you. The shine Ray has on Lola is simply amazing!! Standby, A day would not be complete without you taking a wrong turn, thanks for being you :rocker:

I got off early this AM and had 3 hours of intense fog on the way south then as soon as it cleared it was in the 70's so Top Down all they way home. Glad I was not trying to get into LA from Phoenix Sunday, the traffic on I-10 westbound was stop and go from east of Indio all the way in. Glad I was headed east :lol:.

See you all in San Antonio if not sooner.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom