Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Nov 28-30, 2008, BBB III cruise

We will be at the Sportsman Lodge by 3 .... for check in .... we'll be the couple in the Black XLR!

Bruce - you'll have to resend me your cell # .... it got trapped back there in the old forum .... :D:squint:
You should have a PM.
Bruce

cant make it

Hi guys and girls. Unfortunatly we arent going to be able to travel up to chowchilla nor will I be able to get down to the valley next
friday. Perhaps we can make it next year.

Mark, I sent you my regrets in a PM

Hi guys and girls. Unfortunatly we arent going to be able to travel up to chowchilla nor will I be able to get down to the valley next

Oh, no .... I hope all is well ...
I was really looking forward to meeting your wife this year - well, next year for sure. :)

Jim, are you contimplating San Antonio? Mark has probably considering potatoe chips and wine at this point.

Looks like we may have some inclement weather to contend with. Does everyone planning on attending drive your XLR's in the rain? I doubt it will be much, just enough to make a mess of our cars.
See ya'll soon.
Bruce

Think I'll take my Ford van 250, I'm having a blower put on right know in order to keep up, and four of those Federal tires because they are good in the rain, snow, sleet, ice and sunny days, according to Mr.Fourteen.

Looks like we may have some inclement weather to contend with. Does everyone planning on attending drive your XLR's in the rain? I doubt it will be much, just enough to make a mess of our cars.
See ya'll soon.
Bruce
Rain just means I don't have to get a car wash when we get to LA to clean off the bugs. It will drive Ray crazy though :chuckle

Saturday morning cruise...

Which sounds more interesting:
1. cruise Hollywood / photo op of famous HOLLYWOOD sign
2. drive up to Griffith Park Observatory (nice drive, great city views)
I can plan either or both, plus we can always change our mind.
I have to leave you after lunch at Carney's. I'll have to wait to meet Doris and what's his name, and eat Chowchilla. I apologize for situations beyond my control. But we'll have fun anyhow - even if it rains. Technically, the XLR is my Rain Car.
Bruce
Looking forward to seeing Bob's mid engine, supercharged, wheel standing Ford F250 van with PepBoy tires.

Let's leave it open for now ....
Depending on the weather, we may be driving The Truck ..... :bash: :pat:

This trip sounds like a great time. Maybe one of these days when we retire (?) we can come and join you guys on this annual trip. Have fun.

Marc and Kris

I keep tellin' you ..... this is a great place to retire! Just think .... you could drive Tiffany all year long .... ;)

As I write this, I am watching (on TV) the USS Regan pull into the dock at 32nd Street, Naval Base, North Island .... and I thought of you guys .... and how much Bruce would love to see it. And what memories it would bring back to you Navy guys ... :patriot: When the fleets come in there is always news coverage of the great reunions ... I :bawling: like women do .... but, seeing these guys see their kids and wives after months at sea ..... :) .... pretty heartwarming.

Oh ... yeah, I so wish all of you could go with us this weekend ... We'd probably have to send Cubby to the auto parts store for more funnels. :lol:

This trip sounds like a great time. Maybe one of these days when we retire (?) we can come and join you guys on this annual trip. Have fun.

Marc and Kris

You do need to make it out west. I need more Hoosiers to balance out the team :rocker:

I keep tellin' you ..... this is a great place to retire! Just think .... you could drive Tiffany all year long .... ;)

As I write this, I am watching (on TV) the USS Regan pull into the dock at 32nd Street, Naval Base, North Island .... and I thought of you guys .... and how much Bruce would love to see it. And what memories it would bring back to you Navy guys ... :patriot: When the fleets come in there is always news coverage of the great reunions ... I :bawling: like women do .... but, seeing these guys see their kids and wives after months at sea ..... :) .... pretty heartwarming.

Oh ... yeah, I so wish all of you could go with us this weekend ... We'd probably have to send Cubby to the auto parts store for more funnels. :lol:

You guys have a Great Thanksgiving!!! We'll be thinking of you. Stay out of trouble and take lots of pictures.

Bruce :cool:

It's a small group Bruce - but a happy one!

We (Doris and I) wish we could make the BBB run; but Doris must work (gotta get them cars moving!) and I don't feel like doing it alone.

BUT - being a resilient group of adventurers; they will come to the mountain so to speak! If my math is correct, I count eight of us including Doris and I (That may change if she keeps giving me grief!) so what that equates to is; more booze for those of us in attendance!! :lol:

The weather this morning is pretty wet - but the forecast for the next seven days looks dry and clear!! Great weather for grilling. :wave:

You guys have fun getting together. Don't forget the pictures. :blinzel:

I was able to pull some strings and get good weather scheduled for our run. Everything else should be about as set as I will get it.
Everyone have a great Thanksgiving, and we'll see some of you Friday!
Bruce

http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=_undefined Yes we will come to the mountain and we shall all drive down to the Toyota dealership and show them some good looking machines and bring Doris a Turkey Sandwich..............How's that for last minute thinking? We will not be held back from our appointed duties.
It's a small group Bruce - but a happy one!

We (Doris and I) wish we could make the BBB run; but Doris must work (gotta get them cars moving!) and I don't feel like doing it alone.

BUT - being a resilient group of adventurers; they will come to the mountain so to speak! If my math is correct, I count eight of us including Doris and I (That may change if she keeps giving me grief!) so what that equates to is; more booze for those of us in attendance!! :lol:

The weather this morning is pretty wet - but the forecast for the next seven days looks dry and clear!! Great weather for grilling. :wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom