Cadillac Tech

Seasoned Member
Here is a document showing the location of the modules for an XLR;

Attachments

• Cadillac XLR modules #1.jpg
    Cadillac XLR modules #1.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 11,201
Thanks Bruce. :cool:

Does anyone happen to know the location of the module that control/configures/stores the personal option settings? I was playing with all the buttons when I first bought her, and I went through all the options via the DTC. I randomly pressed the options button yesterday and it displayed Options Unavailable. All the user configurable settings function (approach lights, auto lock and unlock, 30 sec headlight delay) however I am no longer able to scroll through the list. I can only assume when I replaced the dash a few weeks ago I must have missed reconnecting a plug to a module. Having unplugged and removed more than I care to remember, it is very possible I missed one and would be interested in knowing where to start looking. I skimmed through section 10 in the shop manuals, but could not find relevant information on specifically where the module is located. Anyone have any ideas?

FullSizeRender (22).jpg

Does anyone happen to know the location of the module that control/configures/stores the personal option settings? I was playing with all the buttons when I first bought her, and I went through all the options via the DTC. I randomly pressed the options button yesterday and it displayed Options Unavailable. All the user configurable settings function (approach lights, auto lock and unlock, 30 sec headlight delay) however I am no longer able to scroll through the list. I can only assume when I replaced the dash a few weeks ago I must have missed reconnecting a plug to a module. Having unplugged and removed more than I care to remember, it is very possible I missed one and would be interested in knowing where to start looking. I skimmed through section 10 in the shop manuals, but could not find relevant information on specifically where the module is located. Anyone have any ideas?

View attachment 5582

Read page 3-76 of the owners manual and see if this is the problem first.

In another post, you recently stated you programmed a new fob. It may have programmed as fob 3 or 4, if two were programmed prior to you receiving the car. If that is the case, see the statement in red from the owners manual.

DIC Vehicle Personalization
Your vehicle is equipped with personalization capabilities
that allows you to program certain features to a
preferred setting for up to two drivers. The back of the
keyless access transmitters are labelled 1 or 2.
The current driver’s preferences are recalled when one
of the following occurs:

The lock or unlock button on the keyless access
transmitter, programmed as 1 or 2, is pressed.

The appropriate memory button, 1 or 2, located on
the driver’s seat is pressed. See
Memory Seat,
Mirrors and Steering Wheel on page 2-54
for more
information.

A valid keyless access transmitter is detected upon
opening the driver’s door.
If more than one valid keyless access transmitter is
detected upon opening the driver’s door, the driver
preferences for the lowest driver number will be recalled.
If a keyless access transmitter is programmed
as #3 or #4, the personalization system will not recognize
the transmitter. The Driver Information Center (DIC) will
not display a current driver number and the features that
are normally programmed through the DIC will be set to
the default states.
Also, if the OPTIONS button is pressed, the DIC does not
display the menus used to set personalizations, but
instead displays OPTIONS UNAVAILABLE for a few
seconds.

View attachment 5582

In another post, you recently stated you programmed a new fob. It may have programmed as fob 3 or 4, if two were programmed prior to you receiving the car. If that is the case, see the statement in red from the owners manual.

DIC Vehicle Personalization
Your vehicle is equipped with personalization capabilities
that allows you to program certain features to a
preferred setting for up to two drivers. The back of the
keyless access transmitters are labelled 1 or 2.
The current driver’s preferences are recalled when one
of the following occurs:

The lock or unlock button on the keyless access
transmitter, programmed as 1 or 2, is pressed.

The appropriate memory button, 1 or 2, located on
the driver’s seat is pressed. See
Memory Seat,
Mirrors and Steering Wheel on page 2-54
for more
information.

A valid keyless access transmitter is detected upon
opening the driver’s door.
If more than one valid keyless access transmitter is
detected upon opening the driver’s door, the driver
preferences for the lowest driver number will be recalled.
If a keyless access transmitter is programmed
as #3 or #4, the personalization system will not recognize
the transmitter. The Driver Information Center (DIC) will
not display a current driver number and the features that
are normally programmed through the DIC will be set to
the default states.
Also, if the OPTIONS button is pressed, the DIC does not
display the menus used to set personalizations, but
instead displays OPTIONS UNAVAILABLE for a few
seconds.

THANK YOU!!!!! WOW...I really thought I was loosing my mind. I could not figure out what I had left undone when reassembling the dash. ...and yes, I am carrying the new one, #3.

Update. I switched the guts from the original worn #2 Fob with the nice new #3 Fob and now my nice new Fob has Options available :D Thanks again!

Service Manuals

The listing of the modules is in the service manuals in the vehicle controls section. It is section 10 in my manuals. Below are the missing descriptions.

11. Transmission Control Module (TCM)
12. Engine Control Module (ECM)
13. Body Control Module (BCM)
14. Audio Amplifier
15. Steering Column Lock Control Module (Export Only)
16. Inflatable Restraint Sensing & Diagnostic Module (SDM)
17. Front Passenger Door Module (FPDM)
18. HVAC Control Modulle
19. Vehicle Communication Interface Module (VCIM)
20. Antenna Ground Plane
21. Antenna Module-Right
22. Antenna Module-Left

Is there another page listing the descriptions of modules 11-22?

Could you possibly repost this?

Hi Bruce,

I wanted to open and print this for possible future reference, but cannot get it to open? Any chance you could repost this information?

Thanks,

Charles

First of all thanks for posting this. I see more #'s on the diagram then words though. The list that i'm looking at just goes to #10 and the diagram shows 22. Is there another page that lists the rest?

never mind found it.

Dash Replacement

View attachment 5582

Whoa!!! What happened that the dash had to be replaced?

Steve,

If you would have looked through the entire thread, you would have seen in post #10, I listed the rest of the modules.

I see a list of the first 10 are, but what are the other ones for??

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom