Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The Obama administration should:

The Obama administration should:

• Honor GM's latest request for $16.6 billion in additional aid.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Require steep concessions from creditors, suppliers, workers and executives in exchange for help.

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Force GM into a prepackaged bankruptcy.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Focus on boosting auto sales, as no automaker can recover in this environment.

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
no answer to the above

The stimulas package and the four options you have given are not going to do anything to solve the economic problems the world is facing today. Sorry. Now I understand plans are in the works to lower the interest rates for the idiots that took out interest only loans and the difference between the new rate and the old rate will be paid for by, you guessed it the government. And do you remember who the government is or supposed to be? We the people, the little people that pay the taxes for these lame brains to throw down the toilets and/or put in their pockets, pet projects, more PORK. I could write a book but no one has any money to buy it so won't waste my time. Thanks.:bash:

I vote for the fifth option = Do Nothing!

Let them (and all of the other businesses out there) free-fall until this thing finds its own bottom so to speak; especially the banking industry - world wide.

Once that happens, the re-build process will be sustainable. Anything less is artifical and will not last.

The stimulas package will only delay the inevitable conclusion. This is a global economic meltdown brought on by highly inflated real estate values, the vast number of worthless loans now defaulting and the fact every bank in the world bought large chunks of that worthless paper.

Now that the foreclosures have begun, they are sucking air and the entire world is cavitating.

Unfortunatley, freshly unemployed americans who reach out for aid find it is not available, since we have so many unemployable americans (or refuse to work) living generation to generation on welfare with free medical care, etc.

Once the crisis really hits this spring/summer you wait and see what happens in the crowded inner-cities when the welfare checks slow down and they start competing for aid resources. :rocket:

I agree-doing nothing would have been the best solution. Sorry to say, but just like when there are natural disasters and people die--it is just a 'thinning of the herd.' We need to let these businesses that could not operate properly go down--the strong smart ones will survive.

I vote for the fifth option = Do Nothing!

Let them (and all of the other businesses out there) free-fall until this thing finds its own bottom so to speak; especially the banking industry - world wide.

Once that happens, the re-build process will be sustainable. Anything less is artifical and will not last.

The stimulas package will only delay the inevitable conclusion. This is a global economic meltdown brought on by highly inflated real estate values, the vast number of worthless loans now defaulting and the fact every bank in the world bought large chunks of that worthless paper.

Now that the foreclosures have begun, they are sucking air and the entire world is cavitating.

Unfortunatley, freshly unemployed americans who reach out for aid find it is not available, since we have so many unemployable americans (or refuse to work) living generation to generation on welfare with free medical care, etc.

Once the crisis really hits this spring/summer you wait and see what happens in the crowded inner-cities when the welfare checks slow down and they start competing for aid resources. :rocket:

I too agree, do nothing, A river will always find it's own level and course and so will business's that work hard and play fair.
I want to refy in the 4% range and I'm going to walk into my mortgage bank and demand they give me a big reduction in my %. They are the the predators that brought down my value by giving out these loans to people that couldn't afford them which dropped the equity in my home.
THE BANKS ARE THE PREDATORS
I vote for the fifth option = Do Nothing! :rocket:

I just received an email from the American Family Assn., they are taking a poll to send to the White House on the $3 Trillion spending. Very interesting, the results are going 5 to 1 that it is totally outrageous to be spending this money and that it is not going to help one little bit. Just thought you would find this interesting:pat::pat::pat:

I think obama should resign. You won`t believe the mess this bozo is going to cause all of us down the road.

His rating just dropped 19% down to 60.5 and that's in one month. Even George didn't drop that fast.
Wait until tomorrow when I have a meeting with the branch manager at Wamu already purchased by Citi bank where my mortgage is.
I'm gonna flat out accuse his company of being a predator for giving out loans to people in my area that couldn't afford the homes which brought my equity down and I want a reduction in my 6% 30 year fixed down into the fours.

If he doesn't comply I will put him on notice that I have been in touch with a good friend at NBC News that will do a limited time slot in their news and it will stir up a hornets nest.

So which advertising do you want?
Give me a 4% rate with no points and no fees, or how many people will be at your door asking for the same thing after seeing it on the news and how many will start to pull their money out of this bank.
I'm done messing around and I'm taking the bull by the horns, like all Americans should. March on these banks and demand better rates. Don't wait a minute more. Damn, I knew I should have run for president along with my good friend First Robin.
I think obama should resign. You won`t believe the mess this bozo is going to cause all of us down the road.

Give me a 4% rate with no points and no fees, or how many people will be at your door asking for the same thing after seeing it on the news and how many will start to pull their money out of this bank.
Extortion??? :eek::eek:
Why not just start with the news team? :smileyshot22:

I'm asking for a lower rate based on the bad loans they have given out that brought the value of my house down by over $200,000.
Im just suggesting that he gives me what I'm asking for.
Do you really think they would venture into trying to prove extortion with the trouble they have?
I didn't want the news team in on it until they told me to take a hike, then the guns come out.:rocket:
If this doesn't sound like common sense then I'm open for suggestions such as the one here.
Extortion??? :eek::eek:
Why not just start with the news team? :smileyshot22:

His rating just dropped 19% down to 60.5 and that's in one month. Even George didn't drop that fast.
Wait until tomorrow when I have a meeting with the branch manager at Wamu already purchased by Citi bank where my mortgage is.
I'm gonna flat out accuse his company of being a predator for giving out loans to people in my area that couldn't afford the homes which brought my equity down and I want a reduction in my 6% 30 year fixed down into the fours.

If he doesn't comply I will put him on notice that I have been in touch with a good friend at NBC News that will do a limited time slot in their news and it will stir up a hornets nest.

I'm done messing around and I'm taking the bull by the horns, like all Americans should. March on these banks and demand better rates. Don't wait a minute more. Damn, I knew I should have run for president along with my good friend First Robin.

Chase bought WAMU. Citibank couldn't afford a toothpick right now.:pat:

I'm asking for a lower rate based on the bad loans they have given out that brought the value of my house down by over $200,000.
Im just suggesting that he gives me what I'm asking for.
Do you really think they would venture into trying to prove extortion with the trouble they have?
I didn't want the news team in on it until they told me to take a hike, then the guns come out.:rocket:
If this doesn't sound like common sense then I'm open for suggestions such as the one here.

Citi Bank has gotten way too big for its britches, they don't give a hoot about anyone, just the almighty dollar. The government, our brilliant elected officials are now saying they will be giving new loans to help people that have high interest rate loans. The rate will be reduced and the government will pay the difference. You might ask about that when you go in tomorrow. I had a Sears credit card since 1973, when the bill comes I have always paid the full amount and sent it right back. When I purchased a new frig last year the fools sent the bill to an old address even though they sent it to the correct address when I purchased the new washer, dryer and stove. Naturally I did not receive any bills. They sent to the wrong address for three months and then turned me into a collection agency. When that happens by Colo. law the rating company is required to notify you of a derogatory mark on you credit score. As soon as I found out about it I called and found out Citi had taken over the Sears cards about three years earlier. They closed my account even though I sent a check for the full amount as soon as I found out about THIER mistake. As a result I no longer will buy any appliances at Sears. That one thing dropped my rating from 840 down to 735. And we wonder why our country is in such a mess. They punish people with good credit and reward people with bad credit. I thank the good Lord I can pay cash for what I need and or want. I think credit cards should be outlawed because the majority of people abuse them. You are right Bobo, we should run for President, we could be co-presidents.:pat::pat::pat:

Yep, this could happen to anyone of us. I got rid of all my store cards many years ago and use American Express or my bank Visa which I pay monthly regardless of how high it is. I too have worked hard to have a 840, but could fall into a trap just like you.
I say you and I drive to Washington and get the keys to the black house and get some white paint and put this house in order and throw these arrogant people out on their a**es.:patriot:
All I can say is "nice choice America, how do you like your change?" My guy may have had short arms and couldn't raise them above his brain but at least he has a brain, and so did Palin. We really missed the boat this time. It sailed off and we walked off the end of the pier.:patriot:
Citi Bank has gotten way too big for its britches, they don't give a hoot about anyone, just the almighty dollar. The government, our brilliant elected officials are now saying they will be giving new loans to help people that have high interest rate loans. The rate will be reduced and the government will pay the difference. You might ask about that when you go in tomorrow. I had a Sears credit card since 1973, when the bill comes I have always paid the full amount and sent it right back. When I purchased a new frig last year the fools sent the bill to an old address even though they sent it to the correct address when I purchased the new washer, dryer and stove. Naturally I did not receive any bills. They sent to the wrong address for three months and then turned me into a collection agency. When that happens by Colo. law the rating company is required to notify you of a derogatory mark on you credit score. As soon as I found out about it I called and found out Citi had taken over the Sears cards about three years earlier. They closed my account even though I sent a check for the full amount as soon as I found out about THIER mistake. As a result I no longer will buy any appliances at Sears. That one thing dropped my rating from 840 down to 735. And we wonder why our country is in such a mess. They punish people with good credit and reward people with bad credit. I thank the good Lord I can pay cash for what I need and or want. I think credit cards should be outlawed because the majority of people abuse them. You are right Bobo, we should run for President, we could be co-presidents.:pat::pat::pat:

"The Proposal"

When a company falls on difficult times, one of the things that seems to happen is they reduce their staff and workers. The remaining workers need to find ways to continue to do a good job or risk that their job would be eliminated as well. Wall street, and the media normally congratulate the CEO for making this type of "tough decision", and his board of directors gives him a big bonus.

Our government should not be immune from similar risks.

Therefore: Reduce the House of Representatives from the current 435 members to 218 members and Senate members from 100 to 50 (one per State). Also reduce remaining staff by 25%.

Accomplish this over the next 8 years. (two steps / two elections) and of course this would require some redistricting.

Some Yearly Monetary Gains Include:

$44,108,400 for elimination of base pay for congress. (267 members X $165,200 pay / member / yr.)

$97,175,000 for elimination of the above people's staff. (estimate $1.3 Million in sta ff per each member of the House, and $3 Million in staff per each member of the Senate every year)

$240,294 for the reduction in remaining staff by 25%.

[FONT=Comic
Sans MS]$7,500,000,000[/FONT]
reduction in pork barrel ear-marks each year. (those m embers whose jobs are gone. Current estimates for total government pork earmarks are at $15 Billion / yr)

The remaining representatives would need to work smarter and would need to improve efficiencies. < B>It might even be in their best interests to work together for the good of our country?

We may also expect that smaller committees might lead to a more efficient resolution of issues as well. It might even be easier to keep track of what your representative is doing.

Congress has more tools available to do their jobs than it had back in 1911 when the current number of representatives was established. (telephone, computers, cell phones to name a few)

Note:
Congress did not hesitate to head home when it was a holiday, when the nation needed a real fix to the economic problems. Also, we have 3 senators that have not been doing their jobs for the past 18+ months (on the campaign trail) and still they all have been accepting full pay. These facts alone support a reduction in senators &congress.

Summary of opportunity:

$ 44,108,400 reduction of congress members.

$282,100, 000 for elimination of the reduced house member staff.

$150,000,000 for elimination of reduced senate member staff.

$59,675,000 for 25% reduction of staff for remaining house mem bers.

$37,500,000 for 25% reduction of staff for remaining senate members.

$7,500,000,000 reduction in pork added to bills by the reduction of congress members.

$8,073,383,400 per year, estimated total savings. (that's 8-BILLION just to start!)

Big business does these types of cuts all the time.

If Congresspersons were required to serve 20, 25 or 30 years (like everyone else) in order to collect retirement benefits there is no telling how much we would save. Now they get full retirement after serving only ONE term.

IF you are happy how the Congress spends our taxes, then just delete this message. IF you are NOT at all happy, then I assume you know what to do.

--

I don't understand. politicians for office who made slight tax errors? No problem forget it. But wait til you or I make any kind of mistake and watch them go after us like we are some sort of capital criminal.
The system is broken why would you expect the new president to be any different? Didn't they just pass a law to give Acorn money? Go figure.
Don't worry everything will be fixed by the democrats. Can't you tell the difference they have made already? Does the elf as new treasury secretary make you feel good? But don't worry everything will be just fine soon.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom