Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Finally...

MPRCTCL

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2008 Crystal Red XLR-V
Hi all! In 2006, I sat in an XLR at the GM track in Vegas and was in love. In April, CUBBY558's V popped up at a dealer five miles from my office. Drove it on Wednesday and tracked down CUBBY558 to chat. I was driving in on Thursday with my checkbook when the salesman called and said another salesman had just sold the car. I was not happy. That night, I found another, nearly identical car an hour away (MKehoe9999) I called and it was available. I called Mark K and chatted with him. They called the next morning and said "our mistake, it was already sold."

Something in my mind snapped. I was obsessed. I began tracking every V for sale I on any outlet I could find. By October, I'd logged 92 (!) that weren't right for me (color, price, miles) plus the right one.

Friday, I flew to Phoenix and took possession of my 2008 Crystal Red Metallic over Ebony XLR-V. I drove it 2,000 miles back to Michigan with only a few weeks until I'll have to put her away for the winter.

I've already spent hours (and hours) on the site and forum and look forward to contributing. There are several quirks in the car, so I'll be posting several questions to figure out what is normal vs something to look into.

Bob

PS You'll never figure out my moniker because I fat-fingered it when I registered. It should be MPRCTCL, the vanity plate on my other roadster.

Congrats on your new ride. I own a 06 base infrared. Welcome to the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats and welcome to the XLR Net!

If you want me to change your username, just let me know.

-Rob

Welcome

Welcome to The XLR Site. Glad you found the right one. Great Cars that's for sure. Good folks here.

Last edited:
Goof folks here.

Well, not all of us are goofy ...

Sorry, couldn’t resist picking on you! :chuckle

OP, welcome to our goof forum!

Welcome to the XLR World and this awesome forum.... Hope you get a few top down rides in before storage... but I’m pretty sure they would be just down right lucky days, if your anything like us here, in south central PA area. It all started last week when it went from mid 80’s hot down to very cool low 50’s right into Fall just over them 2 days. Yes we had a 35 degree temperature swing in them 2 days ....LOL Enjoy your new Toy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think maybe it's 'just me'?

Well, not all of us are goofy ...

Sorry, couldn’t resist picking on you! :chuckle

OP, welcome to our goof forum!

Hi Amy, ;) As again, Oops. Need to use my spell check I guess? But it's OK! Shirley says I resemble this as a 'self description' (Goof). Now 'corrected'. Maybe I can get a Websters as a gift sometime? :(

LOL, Charles

Hey Bob,
Welcome to the site. There's a lot of knowledge here and as I told you before, contact me anytime if I can help you out with anything. Glad you found a 'good one'! You should post the picture you sent me, the smile on your face tells it all!

Cubby

Hi all! In 2006, I sat in an XLR at the GM track in Vegas and was in love. In April, CUBBY558's V popped up at a dealer five miles from my office. Drove it on Wednesday and tracked down CUBBY558 to chat. I was driving in on Thursday with my checkbook when the salesman called and said another salesman had just sold the car. I was not happy. That night, I found another, nearly identical car an hour away (MKehoe9999) I called and it was available. I called Mark K and chatted with him. They called the next morning and said "our mistake, it was already sold."

Something in my mind snapped. I was obsessed. I began tracking every V for sale I on any outlet I could find. By October, I'd logged 92 (!) that weren't right for me (color, price, miles) plus the right one.

Friday, I flew to Phoenix and took possession of my 2008 Crystal Red Metallic over Ebony XLR-V. I drove it 2,000 miles back to Michigan with only a few weeks until I'll have to put her away for the winter.

I've already spent hours (and hours) on the site and forum and look forward to contributing. There are several quirks in the car, so I'll be posting several questions to figure out what is normal vs something to look into.

Bob

PS You'll never figure out my moniker because I fat-fingered it when I registered. It should be MPRCTCL, the vanity plate on my other roadster.

Welcome to magic of XLR

Welcome, there is just something magic about the XLR. I love my 2006. I would like a V but probably won't ever get one. Have fun in it.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom