Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

RIGHT SIDE (PASSENGER) MIRROR SETTINGS

Steve Lee

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
Can that mirror be set in memory for the "Curb view" where I designate it, and to the "See right lane traffic" also with the the memory button 1 on driver seat side panel?? In other words, to two settings? When mine goes down to the "Curb View " setting it seems to go to far down and makes a clicking noise! THANK YOU, FOR YOUR KIND REPLYS!!

Last edited:
" You ask a stupid question, you get a stupid answer. " I looked in that stupid monstosity manual, and saw only how to set each mirror in ONE position!!! You have to be a Philadelphia Lawyer to understand some of it!!!!

Steve, I asked a stupid question ? No problem. Done. You will get no further input from me and if you keep up with the attitude others will cut you off as well.
John F.

My manual has been my best friend and may be clearer on the mirror settings. Set the mirrors in driver #1 and save. Then for adjusting the right mirror for "curb assist" follow the procedure for setting up "park assist" in the DIC.

"Park Assist
This feature tilts the passenger side mirror downward when the shift lever is moved to R (Reverse). This can help you to see the curb while backing up. If you adjust the mirror while in R (Reverse), the new position will be saved as the park assist position. The DIC will display PARK ASSIST OFF or PARK ASSIST ON."
***this was taken directly from my manual

"
setting it seems to go to far down and makes a clicking noise!"

On adjusting mirrors I have used if you try to adjust past the stop it will make a clicking noise.

Hope this helps...……………………………….

I READ THE MANUAL!! ITSAYS THE CURB ASSIST IS SET BY THE FACTORY!!!!! It DOES NOT TELL ME HOW TO CHANGE IT!! This is a very complicated "ELECTRICA NIGHTMARE"one person on this forum told me!! And it is, that's why the forum was started!!!

Someone tries to help you & you yell at them! Good luck getting help in the future.

Can that mirror be set in memory for the "Curb view" where I designate it, and to the "See right lane traffic" also with the the memory button 1 on driver seat side panel?? In other words, to two settings? When mine goes down to the "Curb View " setting it seems to go to far down and makes a clicking noise! THANK YOU, FOR YOUR KIND REPLYS!!
Mine did that too; click, click click! I don't have anyplace where I park by a curb, so
I deleted it! Now it's set to just see traffic on my passenger side!Read about how to do it in the owners manual.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom