Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Brake package identification

Grocery-Gtr

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR Xenon Blue, I call "Blue Thunder."
My new/old 2005 XLR, last 9 VIN# digits are 855603185 (don't know if that helps), is in the shop and I want to order MGR brake caliper covers. The question I can't answer is "What is the brake package?"
  • JL9 Brake Package
  • J55 Brake package
  • JE5 Brake Package
Help me my fellow XLRian's, you're my only hope.

Find your car in the registry and you will find the info.
New to the forum. Gave it a shot. Didn't help with the options listed on MGP order form.. Thanks for the suggestion. Happy New Year....

Last edited:
Morning,
Right side rear floor of the trunk, there's a cubbyhole lid and if you open it and look on the underside of that lid, you should find your RPO code sticker. Good plan might be, to take a picture of it for safe keeping and easy reference.

I don't believe 2004 and 2005 (pre 'V') model XLRs really had any brake options (anyone?) like you'd find with the Corvette: one specific caliper at each corner (PBR brand), front rotors, rear rotors.

The code on mine is JL9.

HTH!

Gord:thumbsup

Morning,
Right side rear floor of the trunk, there's a cubbyhole lid and if you open it and look on the underside of that lid, you should find your RPO code sticker. Good plan might be, to take a picture of it for safe keeping and easy reference.

I don't believe 2004 and 2005 (pre 'V') model XLRs really had any brake options (anyone?) like you'd find with the Corvette: one specific caliper at each corner (PBR brand), front rotors, rear rotors.

The code on mine is JL9.

HTH!

Gord:thumbsup
IDH! (It did/does help). MGP did list "non AWD" by one of two of the choices which left JL9, but I'm not one to assume. Great idea taking a picture of the data plate. Thank you Gord.

Last edited:
If you find your car in the registry, hit on "profile" on the right. Scroll down to "option codes and build information". All the build codes are there. Look for "antilock brake system, 4 wheel disc". Mine too is JL9.

If you continue to scroll down you will find the original sticker information for your car.

If you find your car in the registry, hit on "profile" on the right. Scroll down to "option codes and build information". All the build codes are there. Look for "antilock brake system, 4 wheel disc". Mine too is JL9.

If you continue to scroll down you will find the original sticker information for your car.
Thanks rheavn. I will go back and dig in further.

I got the package figured out. MGP calioerbcivers will be here by the end of the month. Bought the same time I get the car back from service department. Thank all for your responses.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom