Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

BCM on a 2006

rsvette182

My XLR/V(s)
2006 Silver XLR
Does anyone happen to know if I can switch a BCM from a base 2006 XLR into another base 2006 XLR and expect it to work? Or will it need to be programmed to the car like the radio for example? TIA

That’s what I’ve been told. Apparently it was some sort of anti theft thing GM did to discourage radio thefts, and requires a dealer to program a new one to your car.

Hey

Yes, I do believe the BCM requires programming. I know if you switch to another ECM, reprogramming (marrying) to the VIN is required. A Tech 2 will assist in doing this. Regarding the OEM radio, yes they require marrying to the VIN as well, in order to function. Installing a radio from another car will result in the "Theftlock Activated" message to appear. This is easily resolved using a Tech 2.

Bill

Does anyone happen to know if I can switch a BCM from a base 2006 XLR into another base 2006 XLR and expect it to work? Or will it need to be programmed to the car like the radio for example? TIA
BCM will require a reprogram, most likely a dealer. I never could accomplish that task with my TECH II

I was able to confirm that it does indeed need to be programmed to the car, and can be done so relatively easily with a tech 2. Same story with the ecm, tcm, etc.

In some if not most cases, it takes an online connection to GM along with your TECHII for programming the BCM

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom