Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello from the D

Hello, names BURD. I own and operate a Firebird forum, I’m looking at an 04 XLR. it’s in great shape, I’ve always wanted one. I worked at the display house that had the GM account for years, I traveled for the auto shows and always wanted one. This one I’m looking at is silver /black interior, what scares me it has 98k on it. I was told PO did a 8k Maint on it. It appears stock, but has a Corsa exhaust on it. I’m going back this week to look at it closer. And hear it run. I would pay my GM mechanic to go over it, but you guys should know , is there anything I should I look for ? It’s around 14k, But I could get some off I think. Only damage is a frot lic plate holder was installed on the front bumper and the dr side leather seat covers and bottom foam looks like it need to be replaced.

2. Likes Rule62 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Sable Black XLR/V

Quote Originally Posted by Burd View Post
    Hello, names BURD. I own and operate a Firebird forum, Iím looking at an 04 XLR. itís in great shape, Iíve always wanted one. I worked at the display house that had the GM account for years, I traveled for the auto shows and always wanted one. This one Iím looking at is silver /black interior, what scares me it has 98k on it. I was told PO did a 8k Maint on it. It appears stock, but has a Corsa exhaust on it. Iím going back this week to look at it closer. And hear it run. I would pay my GM mechanic to go over it, but you guys should know , is there anything I should I look for ? Itís around 14k, But I could get some off I think. Only damage is a frot lic plate holder was installed on the front bumper and the dr side leather seat covers and bottom foam looks like it need to be replaced.
    Welcome! Youíll find a lot of great wisdom and experience here.

This is just me, but I wouldnít buy one of these without:

1) a reasonably comprehensive and documented service history
    2) a thorough inspection by a qualified GM Tech and
    3) a really good used car warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes hawkeye372 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Black XLR-V

Hello, names BURD. I own and operate a Firebird forum, Iím looking at an 04 XLR. itís in great shape, Iíve always wanted one. I worked at the display house that had the GM account for years, I traveled for the auto shows and always wanted one. This one Iím looking at is silver /black interior, what scares me it has 98k on it. I was told PO did a 8k Maint on it. It appears stock, but has a Corsa exhaust on it. Iím going back this week to look at it closer. And hear it run. I would pay my GM mechanic to go over it, but you guys should know , is there anything I should I look for ? Itís around 14k, But I could get some off I think. Only damage is a frot lic plate holder was installed on the front bumper and the dr side leather seat covers and bottom foam looks like it need to be replaced.
    Do a search, there is lots of discussion on here about this subject, but first thing I would check is to see if the shocks have been replaced, they are due at that mileage and dealer would charge around $4000. Make sure the top works perfectly several times. Get as good a warranty as you can.

6. Likes Burd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Don't have one yet!

Welcome to the XLR Net!

Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator

Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Corvette Action Center
    Torque About It
    Torque Network
    VetteTube

"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertising Information

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, will do on the inspection. My mechanic used to own an exclusive GM repair facility. I’ll have him go over this car. I’m going to call him in the am.
    Ill have to see what the 8k maintenance done was.
    Im bummed, a few of my buddy’s did Cadillac and I never grabbed press stuff or any literature on these cars. I’m starting all over. Lol
    i remember sitting in one out in Seattle that was around 108K. Dark grey metallic, and it had the gray wood trim in the interior.
    someone old me to get the last one if I get one. This is what the first?
    here, I just figured out how to add pics, I only have this one. What do you think. I want to get it up on a lift and see the bottom.
    Attached Images Attached Images Hello from the D-8f7f8a7e-379e-4a26-9866-6e7ba9b58e3a-jpg 
    Last edited by Burd; 10-08-2018 at 06:43 AM.

9. Likes Mark0polo, 05 GRAND DADDY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Infrared XLR (Beauty); 2008 GT500 (Beast); 2007 Black XLR-V (Victor)

Read the owners manual (itís on here in the Tech Center), be sure you know how everything is supposed to work & that it does. You probably know Northstars are good for a LOT of miles, so donít worry about the miles on the engine.

If you do any search on here, youíll see to check the ďbucketĒ in the trunk near the bumper on the driverís side. The brains for the top & suspension is in there, if there signs itís gotten wet run away.

The Ď04ís (& 05ís) have a few different things than the later years, since we have later ones maybe someone else can chime in for Ď04ís.

yep, I drive a hybrid - a V8 bred for high speed!

2006 Infrared XLR
    Corsa exhaust
    XLR-V sway bar
    Powder coated calipers
    Drilled & slotted rotors
    Custom engine cover
    Custom hood & trunk liner
    Zaino polish

11. Thanks Mark0polo thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Light Platinium Silver XLR

Thanks, will do on the inspection. My mechanic used to own an exclusive GM repair facility. Iíll have him go over this car. Iím going to call him in the am.
    Im bummed, a few of my buddyís did Cadillac and I never grabbed press stuff or any literature on these cars. Iím starting all over. Lol
    i remember sitting in one out in Seattle that was around 108K. Dark grey metallic, and it had the gray wood trim in the interior.
    here, I just figured out how to add pics, I only have this one. What do you think. I want to get it up on a lift and see the bottom.
    Hey Burd Welcome to the forum and XLR World! If this is an 04 as you mentioned it has been modified from the original 04 look, the grill is mesh and that was on the new models and wheels too! I have an 05 and they looked the same as 04 hereís a few pictures, donít worry much about miles, we just turned over 100,500 this past weekend and still runs great! Although the 4.6 NorthStar is known for some oil leaks, also mine had Corsa Exhaust already installed on it when I purchased in 2011... you will love the sound and low drone while cruising in it, but be aware when you put you foot in it! GOOD LUCK

WENDY & DAN
    I'LL HAVE MY WONDERFUL WIFE!!!!!!!
    MY XLR & AND A ICE COLD BEER!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Sable Black XLR/V

05 Grand Dad- I think the picture he posted was in reference to a V-Series he saw for sale in Seattle but didnít purchase.

Post Thanks / Like

Thatís the car, itís at a classic car place. I thought the grills were the other way around. Lol.

15. Likes 05 GRAND DADDY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Light Platinium Silver XLR

Thatís the car, itís at a classic car place. I thought the grills were the other way around. Lol.
    Nope mine is mostly original except the Corsa exhaust.... LOL

WENDY & DAN
    I'LL HAVE MY WONDERFUL WIFE!!!!!!!
    MY XLR & AND A ICE COLD BEER!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I haven’t had a chance to go back and look further. I’ll go and take some more pics.
    i sent that pic to my mechanic. He called me. Lol it’ll be an hour charge if he gets into it he said. I think it’s well worth it.
    Last edited by Burd; 10-09-2018 at 09:43 AM.

18. Likes 05 GRAND DADDY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

At a casual glance it looks like a XLR-V. The mesh grille was a V exclusive, as were those wheels. But there's no V badge and that lump on the trunk for the antenna suggests it's pre-06 and someone's gone to some effort and money to make a base XLR look like a V.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

'16 Z06, "06 XLR-V Infra Red-Sold, RII, RIII & RIV survivor, Mdwst Maurader

The picture you have posted; if it's the '04 you are looking at, has an aftermarket V type grille. Most likely an E&G grille. The wheels are V type wheels, most likely put on after 2006, as that is when the V models came out.

Thanks, will do on the inspection. My mechanic used to own an exclusive GM repair facility. Iíll have him go over this car. Iím going to call him in the am.
    Im bummed, a few of my buddyís did Cadillac and I never grabbed press stuff or any literature on these cars. Iím starting all over. Lol

Cubby558

"If you want to blend in, Ride the Bus"

21. Likes Thunderbuck liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m Going to call tomorrow, I can’t stop out till Thursday. May mechanic told me about it’s really expensive parts and disco’d by Gm, but I hunt down stuff for my 78. That’s half the fun. It would sit in my garage most of the time anyway. I wonder what else has been swapped out. Wish I had a XLR guy to go by with me. Lol
    I was at cars and Coffee on Woodward, a guy came in with a sweet XLR for sale but it was a funky light purplish color. I didn’t look , I just didn’t like it.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Base Infrared

Default Check all the lights

Burd, check all the lights, especially headlights and tail lights. Make sure all the functions (turn, emergency, running, etc) work correctly, and have no cracks. They're very hard to find and VERY expensive if you do find them.
    Doug Ashby

Every time I walk by my XLR I feel like I married a supermodel!