Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thread: 2007 XLR V

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2007 XLR V

Hi eveyone,

Great website and excellent support. I just purchased a 2007 XLR V with 12,200 miles. Right off the bat had problems with emissions in Las Vegas. Car had been sitting for months and everyone thought here the car needs to be driven, but no. A rat ate one of the sensor wires going to the fuel tank. $2200. later it's good to go. Very happy with the car and I look forward to sharing ownership with you.
    Now, be easy on me but my company did the lighting on this car, I know tail lights, not real sure about the headlights. I've worked in the industry for 43 years and I've seen the technology advance, as usual
    Anyway, glad to be here.
    Originally from Louisiana, so I'm a LSU Tiger and Saint's fan!!
    I also have a 1971 De Tomaso Pantera, 600 HP and an animal, likes going sideways more than forward.

2. Likes 05 GRAND DADDY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Light Platinium Silver XLR

Great to have another XLR owner here with us in this awesome XLR forum with amazing people! Some of us named our rides, my 2005 was name Roxy for being so foxy.... LOL Enjoy your new to you toy, as we all here do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    WENDY & DAN
    I'LL HAVE MY WONDERFUL WIFE!!!!!!!
    MY XLR & AND A ICE COLD BEER!!!!!!!

4. Likes DTPantera liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Don't have one yet!

Welcome to the XLR Net!

Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator

Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Corvette Action Center
    Torque About It
    Torque Network
    VetteTube

"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertising Information

6. Likes DTPantera liked this post
    Home: Mountsberg, Ontario Canada winters in Port Charlotte Florida
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2009 XLR Crystal Red Metalic

Welcome to the forum. Love your 'sideways' comment on the Pantera: sounds like fun to me!

I take it your 'lights' are different from stock on you car?: I could not seem to find any photos of your car. However: if your car has 'different from stock' parts on it, that is just fine. Yes, I like my X stock (for now) but the reality is that parts are impossible to find and we may all be driving 'alternate' mods in the near future. If anyone says different here on this forum they are 'idiots' and should keep their opinions in to them self and stay in 'their mom's basement' where they already are.... and they and their opinions belong!

Anyway, looking forward to seeing your car and perhaps we will meet sometime in the future!
    Sandy G
    Sandy
    You can't be a car collector with only one car!
    Get out & drive 'em.... 'cause if you don't - the next owner will !
    My XLR: A fast Red one w Corsa Exhaust & V sway bar

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Sandy,

I've only had my car for a week and then I had to leave. I work mostly out of the US and plan on some changes. My headlamps look brand new but I am planning to go to canbus LED's to replace the high intenisty and LED's for the running light and fog lights. The UV coating on my lens is still in real good shape. I bought some UV blocker polish from Chemical Guy's that I plan on using on a regular basis. I'll be returning on the 20th and plan on installing the new lighting sitting at the house. The HID bulbs generate a tremendous amount of heat, even using less wattage it's still hotter than a halogen. I'm just trying to be a little proactive and plus I live in Vegas, UV capital. lol
    Thanks for the reply!

9. Likes graytoad liked this post
    Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Red XLR / 2007 XLR-V

DTPantera, Welcome to the group and you will really enjoy your new ride. I pass through Vegas at least twice a year travelling from Palm Springs to Calgary. Maybe we will meet one of these days. I have an 07 V and it has been a real fun car.
    John F.

11. Likes graytoad, DTPantera liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beaver_jd View Post
    DTPantera, Welcome to the group and you will really enjoy your new ride. I pass through Vegas at least twice a year travelling from Palm Springs to Calgary. Maybe we will meet one of these days. I have an 07 V and it has been a real fun car.
    John F.
    Please let me know when you come through, thanks for the comment!