Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thread: New Member

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Member

While on vacation in North Carolina I made the mistake of driving a friend's 06 XLR and was quickly "reeled in". Returned home to Florida the next day and started looking for one of my own. I found it in Fort Myers Fl and bought it. It had 30,000 miles on it and is "Arrest-Me-Red" (Crimson Pearl) and we love it. Before buying it I viewed this XLR site and was able to find out a lot of useful information about the good and the bad. The bad was the cost of replacement parts and the availability. The good was everything else. I think my 82 year old self will be able to enjoy it hopefully for at least 10 years if not more. My family on both sides are centenarians (my mom lived to 109) so maybe I will be lucky. If not, a great car to pass down. We live in Lake City, Florida. Hello to all, Doug & Kathy Smith

2. Likes hawkeye372 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 infrared xlr

Welcome new Florida xlr owner. Glad you were able to find your own xlr. I too live in Florida. I’m over in St. Augustine/wgv area. I too own a cop stopping red one. Crimson /infrared or whatever you call them red colors. Here’s my 06 I’ve had her since 2012 she only had 20758 miles when I got her. Now she still has low mileage at only 70 k on the clock.
    When not in use she’s kept in the garage on a custom floor. If I know I’m not going to drive her for awhile then she’s on life support (aka battery tender) I also just recently purchased a jump box. Because the last show I attended I left the hood up to show a person and the battery drained. I asked around if anyone had a jump box and the dwindling number of cars there was one that had one. But I do have onstar/caddie roadside. But it’s embarrassing to wait around for them. ESP when they just bring a jump box that you could’ve purchased yourself (myself). So now I just have to jeep the thing charged Encase I need a jump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06 infrared base
    date purchased oct 4th 2012 at the time she had 20758 miles on her.

Every time I see my "BABY" I smile and say to myself, "I still don't believe i am a owner of this Great car".

Topless is the only way to drive

Florida is a convertible state

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Don't have one yet!

Welcome to the XLR Net Doug and Kathy!

Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator

Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Corvette Action Center
    Torque About It
    Torque Network
    VetteTube

"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertising Information

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Hawkeye, thanks for the kind reply. I've had my eye out for an "XLR" for a long time but didn't think they were affordable until I checked. Ours has Collectors Insurance on it which limits its driving but that is OK with us. It will live on a car lift in my RV Barn with a cover on it. We just got it Wednesday and with getting insurance, license plates etc my wife has not ridden or driven so that will be corrected in about an hour AFTER I check the weather for rain.

We, like you, cannot believe an XLR is sitting in my RV Barn. Oh, what a nice custom floor under your baby ! !

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Crimson Pearl XLR

reddy,,,, Excellent color choice, and you found one with low mileage

ENJOY the ride!

http://www.xlr-net.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6664&d=1473338578

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Light Platinium Silver XLR

Welcome Katy & Doug to the forum and the world of XLR! Shouting out Hello from South Central PA, Love our Light Platinum Silver that as fast as Silver Bullet! We named her Roxy and she’s almost at 103k. Good Luck and enjoy some top down Cruz’in!
    Wendy & Dan

WENDY & DAN
    I'LL HAVE MY WONDERFUL WIFE!!!!!!!
    MY XLR & AND A ICE COLD BEER!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the warm welcome, I have seen some of your posts but am impressed that you have a 'wonderful wife' as I do too and have had for almost 40 Years ! We are still buddies, friends and love of each others life and NEVER go to bed angry about anything ! Oh, did I forget to say we have 3 beer fridges and LOVE our new to us XLR.

9. Likes 05 GRAND DADDY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 Light Platinium Silver XLR

Quote Originally Posted by 05reddyxlr View Post
    Thank you for the warm welcome, I have seen some of your posts but am impressed that you have a 'wonderful wife' as I do too and have had for almost 40 Years ! We are still buddies, friends and love of each others life and NEVER go to bed angry about anything ! Oh, did I forget to say we have 3 beer fridges and LOVE our new to us XLR.
    Just had our 40th Anniversary February 23rd & this July 2nd coming up it will be 43 years that we meet!

WENDY & DAN
    I'LL HAVE MY WONDERFUL WIFE!!!!!!!
    MY XLR & AND A ICE COLD BEER!!!!!!!

11. Likes hawkeye372 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 infrared xlr

Quote Originally Posted by 05 GRAND DADDY View Post
    Just had our 40th Anniversary February 23rd & this July 2nd coming up it will be 43 years that we meet!

Congratulations New MemberNew MemberNew MemberNew Member

06 infrared base
    date purchased oct 4th 2012 at the time she had 20758 miles on her.

Every time I see my "BABY" I smile and say to myself, "I still don't believe i am a owner of this Great car".

Topless is the only way to drive

Florida is a convertible state