Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2004 Cadillac XLR Rebuild

I thought the cold start bounce was just the engine getting oil pressure up since the northstar oil pressure at low idle is pretty low.

I guess if it does/nt do it in a warm climate/very heated garage maybe it's not/is normal?

For what it's worth, mine is kept in a garage that is kept at about 60 degrees. It's never done the rev up & down at initial start up until the last few months (I've had it 5 1/2 years), regardless of outside temp -- & it gets hot & humid here. It's 100% fine as soon as you put it in gear & doesn't do the rev any more for the rest of the day, runs fine etc., so I've been ignoring it. Not sure vacuum leak is the issue? :dunno:

We went to try out tightening the intake manifold bolts, but one of them is blocked by the fuel rail so you'd either have to remove the rail or get a special tool to get to it. Started poking around researching any better work arounds but haven't gotten very far yet. Should be easy for Johnson1989/Cory since he already has his apart!

2004 Cadillac XLR Rebuild - Part 5

Here's an update!... 10 months later...

This isn't going to be a full in depth update, as I intend to do that later this week, but I got the itch to hop on here tonight and noticed there still seemed to be some interest in my rebuild. So before I get started on my "mini update" I should probably explain why I dropped off the face of the earth 10 months ago! Honestly, I've got nothing, haha. After my last update I finished getting the car together and dropped it off to get painted. Then around 2 weeks later I had to go to California for around a month. When I got back I think I got so caught up finishing the car as quickly as I could, it never even occurred to me to update this thread. I think you call that being lazy...

So time for a quick update. Like I said above, after my last post I finished getting the car back together and then dropped it off at a paint shop here in town. I ended up getting the entire front of the car repainted, top, doors and rear quarter panels. I decided to hold off on the trunk and rear bumper, mainly because I didn't feel like pulling them off of the car at the time. Maybe a project for this spring, but who knows. When the car was finished I picked it up and brought her home to sit in the garage for a month, haha. That said, kudos to the paint shop, they did an absolutely excellent job on the paint and body work. When I got back from California, I began piecing together what was left. Putting trim pieces on, headlights, tail lights, etc. I also decided to rip out the entire interior and scrub it out. You wouldn't believe the things I found under the carpet, haha! All I'm going to say is whole fingernails, as in plural... Once the interior was "sterile" I started enjoying the car.

Now like I said, I'm going to get a little more in depth sometime this week. I'll probably talk a little more about the paint, what I did with one of the headlights that was scuffed up, maintenance, etc. But for now I just wanted to give you a quick update on where I'm at with the car and what I've been up to these last 10 months. Oh, and the car isn't technically "done" yet. We'll get more into that in my next update!

Cheers!
XLR front quarter.jpg
XLR drivers side.jpg

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry