Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2004 XLR new owner

Mgz281994

I live in Rio Rancho NM my xlr is all black. I have had it for 9 months and its been sublime until entering a parking lot too fast. It broke the lower radiator bracket (skid plate) and the transmission cooler line to the radiator. I don't know how much of my car is modified. It seems to be lowered as i can barely fit my foot under it and it has 20 inch rims. I have sourced all the parts but I have no idea how to fill the transmission fluid. Any info would be helpful as very few local mechanics know what kind of car it is.

I live in Rio Rancho NM my xlr is all black. I have had it for 9 months and its been sublime until entering a parking lot too fast. It broke the lower radiator bracket (skid plate) and the transmission cooler line to the radiator. I don't know how much of my car is modified. It seems to be lowered as i can barely fit my foot under it and it has 20 inch rims. I have sourced all the parts but I have no idea how to fill the transmission fluid. Any info would be helpful as very few local mechanics know what kind of car it is.

Welcome to the site. I don’t think it was lowered or might be. But these are sports cars. I’m the 3rd owner of mine and I can’t fit my foot all the way under either. Just watch out for speed bumps, pot holes, high driveways etc when driving it.
ae3382d83749dac2f17fbbc3b94ca0a0.jpg
here is my 2006 base I purchase back in 2012

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome!

Please post some pictures of your car when you can. :) Sounds like a really clean XLR. They are a blast to drive and so unusual vs. other 'sports cars' we see more often. I doubt it has been lowered (?). I have scraped mine a few too many times and had to replace the whole front radiator support assembly as prior owner had broken it. Weird looking aluminum contraption. Same as the Corvette of that vintage. Bought my replacement on eBay.

Again, welcome!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back