Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New Owner of 2007 in Montana

MGibson.MSO

Hi all:

I bought my silver 2007 XLR in Ft. Benton, Mont. back in July (VIN 1G6YV36A675600933). Love it! Don’t ask me how a 2007 XLR with 50,000 miles on it ended up at the Chevy dealership in Ft. Benton. It’s ridiculously unlikely. Apparently, this car and I were meant to be together.

I believe my XLR’s original point of purchase was Durango, Colo. GM records show service performed in Colo. through June of this year.

I’ve already replaced a couple of sensors for the trunk and top, but nothing more substantial than that. The top works reasonably well, but the trunk lid malfunctions occassionally when retracting the roof, so I’m going to replace the gas struts in the spring. The gas struts in the hood are obviously losing their charge, so I figure it’s likely the struts in the back are on their last legs, too.

The car gets plenty of attention from strangers, and driving it is a total blast. If only I could use my phone hands free, it would be perfect!

Thanks to all who post to the forum. I’ve gleaned a ton of useful information over the last couple of months. Happy to be among the few and the proud. Hope to meet a couple of you some day!

Welcome to the XLR forum of plenty of knowledge and great people! Check out the September 2018 for the 15 Year XLR Homecoming in Bowling Green Ky. It’s sure to be a blast if there anything like our experiences at any of the past XLR gathering. Enjoy your Topless Cruz’in! Cheers [emoji482]

Sent from Grand Daddy iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome MGib. Congratulations on your acquisition. A lot of us have replaced the same parts you’ve mentioned including hood struts. If you were able to get some warranty coverage when you bought the car you might be covered for them.

Check for leaky shocks as those seals go after a decade of work.

I use this device for Bluetooth calls. Works great around town with the top down, but not so much on the highway.
Amazon.com: Jabra Freeway Bluetooth In-Car Speakerphone (U.S. Retail Packaging): Cell Phones & Accessories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all:

I bought my silver 2007 XLR in Ft. Benton, Mont. back in July (VIN 1G6YV36A675600933). Love it! Don’t ask me how a 2007 XLR with 50,000 miles on it ended up at the Chevy dealership in Ft. Benton. It’s ridiculously unlikely. Apparently, this car and I were meant to be together.

I believe my XLR’s original point of purchase was Durango, Colo. GM records show service performed in Colo. through June of this year.

I’ve already replaced a couple of sensors for the trunk and top, but nothing more substantial than that. The top works reasonably well, but the trunk lid malfunctions occassionally when retracting the roof, so I’m going to replace the gas struts in the spring. The gas struts in the hood are obviously losing their charge, so I figure it’s likely the struts in the back are on their last legs, too.

The car gets plenty of attention from strangers, and driving it is a total blast. If only I could use my phone hands free, it would be perfect!

Thanks to all who post to the forum. I’ve gleaned a ton of useful information over the last couple of months. Happy to be among the few and the proud. Hope to meet a couple of you some day!
Welcome to the community and congratulations on your "new" XLR!!

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Hi all:

I installed this unit with good results!
dc2f201b70528202bee44d6f86bab191.jpg

Welcome ..Best place for sharing your love of these special rides...Enjoy your new baby..

It’s a wiring unit you can purchase and hook to the XM box behind the waterfall center box in the trunk, sorry I don’t remember the info, but search the forum here it’s on here! You can purchase the wiring unit to keep XM if you wish, but to use it you have to unplug this Kinivo Kit to use the XM. Kind of defeats Bluetooth for XM especially if you like to use maps navigation with it because it will come through your speakers and the use of your phone also use the car speakers, but nice if have music on other devices!

Last edited:
Your car has an “Aux” jack? Where?

The KNIVO BTC 455 has been replaced by the 460: BTC460 Hands-Free Bluetooth Car Kit – Kinivo

Purchase Aux2 Jack Harness Here - Ray is as busy as ever supplying adapter harnesses: C6 Product Ordering Page use this link C6 Product Ordering Page

Type Kinivo in the forum search for more post.... all about this set up.... from others who commented on their installs.

Last edited:
I see. I’ve never heard of swapping the XM module with a Bluetooth link. I’ve heard of replacing the OnStar with BlueStar but with very mixed results.

You don’t swap anything there is a jack port on XM module that this harness jack plugs into. The hardest part was try to plug it in while laying in the trunk! .... LOL

So you can still use your XM service with this setup?

Never mind. I just caught up on the other threads and got my answer.

So you can still use your XM service with this setup?

Yes, but like I was saying, you need to pull the Kivino plug out of Aux jack for XM Channels and then don’t have the use of Kivino when listen to XM. That is because it uses your XM Module Box for the Kivino transfer source to send the Bluetooth and signal to work with the radio head unit. You can buy an Aux Harness that eliminates the XM Signal ..... if you don’t plan to use it. I believe it was even a couple dollars cheaper!

Lots of great information in this group!

There is so much helpful information in these threads! They’ve already helped me with several mechanical challenges!
:wave::wave:

Hi all:

Welcome : )

Congrats on your new baby. Post some pictures when you can. These cars are a blast to drive, and unusual enough to draw a small crowd when not in motion. Missoula is a gorgeous place. Beautiful area for some top down cruising (in the summer).

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom