Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2004 XLR No Power to Fuel control module.

Duncon09

My XLR/V(s)
2004 XLR
I have recently changed out the driver and passenger side fuel pumps as the drivers side was cracked and leaking a little bit of gas onto my father in laws garage floor. Now i am getting a crank no start condition, with no power going to the fuel pump control module. I have check for continuity between the module and the body ground that is fine. I have also tested all of the fuses checking for continuity as well as voltage on both sides of the fuses. My Scanner will also get 3/4 of the way through scanning the car and randomly shut down. Any suggestions of insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

I have recently changed out the driver and passenger side fuel pumps as the drivers side was cracked and leaking a little bit of gas onto my father in laws garage floor. Now i am getting a crank no start condition, with no power going to the fuel pump control module. I have check for continuity between the module and the body ground that is fine. I have also tested all of the fuses checking for continuity as well as voltage on both sides of the fuses. My Scanner will also get 3/4 of the way through scanning the car and randomly shut down. Any suggestions of insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
Interesting. I'm sure you've already checked all your connections and such, these cars are very complicated and I haven't had a simple fix yet.
Hopefully someone can offer some direction.
Did you lower the rear-end to remove the tanks?

The fuel pump module is a known failure part. It is located in front of the drivers rear tire. Requires removal of the plastic wheelhouse. Used ones on eBay used to be 200 but now run 4-500. Jand j stand behind their parts. It may be something else but there is really no way to check it without a tech 2. I sent you a pm

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom