Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2004xlr engine

keith

My XLR/V(s)
Black 2004 XLR
HI to everybody outthere i have a ? if anyone would take the time to help anser. i have to pull my 4.6 and fix leak so was interested in seeing if i cud put a 2006 or 2008 4.4l with supercharger in my 2004 i looked into the ecu swap , and also swap LH valve covers and connecters. but was wondering if it is a direct plug and play swap??

thanks for ur time keith

NO on the plug and play. . Not as much work as trying an LS corvette engine but its a good bit of work. Lots of different items. It can be done but there is a write up on another location about it and the guy never finished it after about a year working on it. You would need the most desirable and $$$$ hood if you could get one. If you decide to try, I have a aftermarket v style hood that I will sell.

Last edited:
thanks for reading my write up. Not so sure need new hood or $$$. i read that rite up i think the one you mention.a friend of mine came over with a guy he told me about awhile ago. has apretty good reputation working on this XLR. So we can do this job afew different ways. thanks again for youre reply. keith

that little bulge gives it clearance from the article I read. Hope you try it, if yo udo you will have to start a you tube on it. The one guy that did an ls swap said it was a lot of work and the v swap he did before was more work for less upgrade. I would put a supercharger on the existing motor and a few suspension upgrades and you will blow v's away. and if you have a problem 4.6 area 1000$ all over the place. 4.4 v are 4-5000 for the ones I have seen.

Hey Long Tall i had sed same thing about the hood fit. But bfore i start we'll b sure it works or go a different way. everybody so far i talk with has alot to say but nobody has one to work on even drives one. the biggest Cadillac Dealers in this area was lookin me in the eyes and tryin to bull**** me. i sed give me the bill. i"ll get my buddys rollback take it back home.man that cud make you angry.But im cumin off back surgery 5 months in. had to take it lite for awhile still early but we can push the envelope.so im ready to get my x movin.Only thing i gota make sure about my guy doin the work.he dosnt kno me personaly were doin it in my garage i can b alittle to much atimes. my close freind told him how i m so we'll see.bfore i buy anything gota make sure were doin it the rite way. or like u sed i'll put 4.6 i have all parts priced and where i goin to get parts as far as the bigger monyies are concerned gota few toys but thats the only 4wheels that i get a rush driving.My Harley thats bin doin it since i was a kid. You tube man took me 4or5 yrs. to just write something in here. always read things bout that was it

thanks for getin back keith

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back