Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2006 XLR-V For Sale, 15,982 miles, Black, Mint Cond, Rhode Island. $48,000

asx455

My XLR/V(s)
2006 Black XLR-V
I am considering selling my Mint Condition 2006 XLR-V with only 15,982 miles on it. The car has always been garaged, of course never driven in inclement weather, dusted, polished and cleaned after every ride. The only reason I'm selling it is I'm looking to upgrade my truck and a buy a car for my daughter. I can't keep them all. This is a serious offer. At present, this is the only XLR-V offered for sale anywhere in the New England area, and one of the lowest mileage V's available anywhere. It won't be available long as I might trade it in at the dealer. Respond if interested by E-mail (asx455@cox.net) or Phone, (401-487-0638). Pictures can be provided if necessary but believe me, there will be no disappointments when you see it in person.

Does anyone know anything about this car and owner? It appears that he/she just joined the forum in the last couple of weeks.

Although I have been viewing the forum for quite some time, I have just joined yesterday solely to up up my post. I really wanted to see what type of value these cars are holding and I figured a forum dedicated to them would be the best place. I'm not sure if my price is High, Low, or average and would appreciate input on this. Oh, and as to questions I have received, The interior is also black, the wheels are silver, not chrome, the tires are original and not dry rotted. A picture is worth a thousand words, so here is one I took the other day. Please excuse the presence of my beautiful daughter sitting in the car and NO! She did not drive it! lol. IMAG0354.jpg

Yours sounds (and looks) like a really nice car, but $48k is a little on the high side. A good general rule of thumb for Cadillacs is a 50% price reduction from the MSRP after four years. Three years ago, you probably would have sold it quickly at that price. Obviously, a lower mileage vehicle is more desirable, and should sell faster as long as the price is reasonable. $40k is closer to the mark. Dealer prices will tend to be higher to offset their overhead while it sits on the lot.

XLR's (both models) were overpriced even when they were new, due in large part to their exclusivity. The V model upped the price by $25k for a different engine, a different hood and grill, and some low-cost interior changes, and minor suspension mods. You could find them new, sitting on the lots two years after their demise. The base model was later re-badged as a Platinum Edition, with little more than chrome wheels, logo sill plate and a chrome grill for $10k more. Had GM priced the car a little more reasonably, it might have survived the downturn of the auto industry long enough to garner some much-needed updating. They sure could use a convertible to enhance their impressive lineup now.

Good luck,

CC :wave:

If you run the information(mileage, condition) on your XLR-V at either the NADA or KBB website, the private sale retail will come up around $40K. While neither are absolutely the last word in calculating the value they are a good starting point. Yours looks to be in extremely nice condition and possibly could fetch a bit more.

xlr-v for sale

I bought my 06 XLR-V with 12K miles in Rhode Island in 2009 (3 yrs old) for 42K from a Jaguar dealer. It was (and still is) immaculate, driven in Palm beach Fl. for 3 years from new. It now has 57K trouble free, enjoyment filled, miles. These cars, as beautiful as they are, were substantially over priced, when new.

Rusty 06 V

SOLD

The car is gone from my hands however, it will probably be for sale at a more reasonable price very soon. Keep your eyes out in Connecticut. The dealer I traded it into couldn't believe its condition. I parked it right in front of their showroom just to make their new cars look dirty. Then the manager took the fobs to hide them so none of the staff could take it out for the weekend. LOL. Thanks for all the input you guys sent my way in posts and PM's.

Congratulations on your new vehicle. Hope we get to talk again--I appreciated your honesty.

It's For Sale

This car is currently offered for sale in Illinois. The asking price is $43,991. You can find it on Auto Trader.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom