Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2008 Alpine White Edition

ChipD

My XLR/V(s)
2008 Alpine White Edition XLR
Hello everyone! My name is Chip and I am eagerly awaiting the drop off of my 2008 XLR. I am really excited, I just wish it would hurry up and get here! It will be traveling from Omaha NE to Erie PA over the next week or so. I have admired these cars for quite some time and feel I got really lucky when I saw this vehicle posted. It had been on eBay for about an hour when I saw it. I was able to contact the dealer and felt I made a fair deal for it. It has 6366 miles on the clock and I was able to get a bumper to bumper warranty on it for 7 additional years. It appears to be almost 100% stock except for the embroiderly on the seats. I have not seen any other ones with this on there. Again, just really excited and wanted to say hello. I have already purchased the black oem cover, I picked up a "Windrestrictor" wind blocker for behind the seats, I got a really neat XLR chrome and black plate for the front as we only use a rear plate in PA. I also was able to get both dealer promo books and the build and window sticker from the National Corvette museum. Now, all I need is the car.... :). Happy New Year to all of you and I will be looking forward to continue to read the various posts. Take care.

Attachments

• 526484ff665940bea50539033f58e18a.jpg
    526484ff665940bea50539033f58e18a.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 343
  • 349817c4911e4128b3552676ba2cc79c.jpg
    349817c4911e4128b3552676ba2cc79c.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 355
  • 35766ecdf2384dfa96a49b49208e5bc6.jpg
    35766ecdf2384dfa96a49b49208e5bc6.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 327
  • 243843f332da487f92dce25e2e779ff1.jpg
    243843f332da487f92dce25e2e779ff1.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 353
  • 5361795fbf394796ae484ec75c30d7e5.jpg
    5361795fbf394796ae484ec75c30d7e5.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 343
  • 8d49abb2ba7f48ce9924c4357590fddf.jpg
    8d49abb2ba7f48ce9924c4357590fddf.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 329
Here are a few more photos!

A few more of the interior and showing the seats...

baef296f65c4420b914d8c3525d1b944.jpg913eb39c39e343a5adac34a53adf41cb.jpg3000e4b7ebe24761af450cb58e371c43.jpgd861485f90184d11ba7e392058c1cd16.jpg712107ea41cf4d69830b8c1214378a53.jpg

Welcome aboard! Wow, I am IMPRESSED how much XLR material you've accumulated before you even have the car - it took me a few years after acquisition to collect what you have! Looks like you got a very nice XLR too.

Hope it gets to you soon & hope to see you at a XLR event someday - we have a Virginia Beach/Outer Banks trip in May that hopefully is within reasonable reach for you.

Hi Chip Congrats on your new toy. It looks awesome great deal with the extended warranty. You mentioned you order new OEM seat covers. Can you tell me where you got them, I have been told they are no longer available. I would like a spare drivers seat cover, thanks... Steve

Hi Chip Congrats on your new toy. It looks awesome great deal with the extended warranty. You mentioned you order new OEM seat covers. Can you tell me where you got them, I have been told they are no longer available. I would like a spare drivers seat cover, thanks... Steve

Yes my drivers is looking a little worn around the edges. I would also like to know for future reference?

Hello everyone! My name is Chip and I am eagerly awaiting the drop off of my 2008 XLR. I am really excited, I just wish it would hurry up and get here! It will be traveling from Omaha NE to Erie PA over the next week or so. I have admired these cars for quite some time and feel I got really lucky when I saw this vehicle posted. It had been on eBay for about an hour when I saw it. I was able to contact the dealer and felt I made a fair deal for it. It has 6366 miles on the clock and I was able to get a bumper to bumper warranty on it for 7 additional years. It appears to be almost 100% stock except for the embroiderly on the seats. I have not seen any other ones with this on there. Again, just really excited and wanted to say hello. I have already purchased the black oem cover, I picked up a "Windrestrictor" wind blocker for behind the seats, I got a really neat XLR chrome and black plate for the front as we only use a rear plate in PA. I also was able to get both dealer promo books and the build and window sticker from the National Corvette museum. Now, all I need is the car.... :). Happy New Year to all of you and I will be looking forward to continue to read the various posts. Take care.

Wow your a lucky guy. in regards to the promo books and window sticker. I was able to get some brochures but they were from another guy that had a xlr. He upgraded to the amg mercedes. I was able to get his red diecast xlr, a signed XLR book, a couple brochures (different years though) and a rear XLR -v plate holder. So unless you really look at the plate frame you know its a base.
I tried to get my build sheet and window sticker from corvette museum in Bowling Green, but someone there told me that mine was one of the few they didn't have? So i guess other then that im set. I did however go to my dealer, Ask my sales guy (when he had a 05 at the dealership) and he was able to print me up a copy. Its not an original from BG but it'll do for now.
I have taken my 06 infrared base to several cruise ins here in my area and also several car shows.

cruising to the creek 2014 copy.jpgmarch copy 2.jpgxlr hall of fame copy.jpg
The last car show i attended was at the school for deaf and blind here in St augustine florida. I received a 1st place plaque for my category from 1988-present.
Be prepared to have heads turn and have people come up to you with questions about this unique ride

Thanks for the warm welcome folks! To answer the question on the seats, I do not have an extra set. My wording was a little bad. What I was saying was that I got an OEM black car cover. The only item that is not stock that I am aware of is the monogramming of XLR on the seats. I think the previous owner or dealership must have done this as I have not seen any other ones like it. I am sorry for the confusion! Happy New Year. BTW I am still waiting. The car has not yet been picked up in Omaha. I guess with the holidays and all. Take care!

Welcome and congrats on your purchase. They probably got the idea for the seats from me--check out the pics in my garage. I redid the seats several years ago and added the xlr to the seats.

Thanks for the warm welcome folks! To answer the question on the seats, I do not have an extra set. My wording was a little bad. What I was saying was that I got an OEM black car cover. The only item that is not stock that I am aware of is the monogramming of XLR on the seats. I think the previous owner or dealership must have done this as I have not seen any other ones like it. I am sorry for the confusion! Happy New Year. BTW I am still waiting. The car has not yet been picked up in Omaha. I guess with the holidays and all. Take care!

Welcome Chip. I love the Alpine white XLR's: gorgeous!

I know how your are feeling waiting. I found my dream car online at a dealer in Missouri, had a local friend/dealer import it for me (saved me some stress and cost about the same, he got a dealer discount I could not get and a discount on shipping which made up for the $1,500.00 he charged me for doing all the work). Anyway, I didn't have tracking numbers or anything to keep an eye on it's ETA etc. Drove me crazy. If I remember correctly it was nearly 3 weeks before I got my car (also had to clear US/Canada customs and pass CDN import safety inspections)

Anyway, New Year, new car and a whole new attitude for you! Be prepared to be driving down the road on a beautiful warm day and the overwhelming feeling will come over you of being so very fortunate to be able to be the owner of this car......you just have to somehow be patient. :(

She's on her way!!

Just got the call that I should have my car by Sunday morning! The way this shipping has gone though, I will believe it when I see it!! I figured I would share the news! Have a great day!

Just got the call that I should have my car by Sunday morning! The way this shipping has gone though, I will believe it when I see it!! I figured I would share the news! Have a great day!

We will all be awaiting your post following receipt of your new car! :thumbsup

Hello everyone! My name is Chip and I am eagerly awaiting the drop off of my 2008 XLR. I am really excited...... It appears to be almost 100% stock except for the embroiderly on the seats.

Chip,

I dont think your front grill is stock. Looks like an 09 change. I believe mine is unaltered... FYI.

Steve

Attachments

• bs.jpg
    bs.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 322
Chip,

I dont think your front grill is stock. Looks like an 09 change. I believe mine is unaltered... FYI.

Steve

Good eye Steve, ;) you would think that I would have noticed that.... beyond the general grill style change, the Crest is larger too.

Oh man...

I had not noticed that... I wonder why someone would have changed that out? I hope that it is not the sign of other issues... Now I am getting a little worried!

I had not noticed that... I wonder why someone would have changed that out? I hope that it is not the sign of other issues... Now I am getting a little worried!

I would not worry about that ChipD, the '09 grill is just sexier! You bought it from a reputable dealer, he would have disclosed any info about an accident. Likely the owner saw the 09's and liked the new grill. If you had the coin to buy the XLR new; you'd have the coin to make small changes without flinching! :willy_nilly:

I agree with Sandy - don't worry. I put the grill that originally came with your car on my '06 because I liked it better (it's chromed while my original wasn't); there's nothing wrong with what I took off. There are some members on here who have changed their entire front end to the '09 version (the fog lamps are different too) just because they liked the look better, plus there were way fewer '09's made so they are harder to find as a whole car.

Also looks like your new ride has an after-market exhaust, which just further tells me the prior owner wanted to dress it up a bit! I did the same thing for much the same reason.

Thanks Sandy and XLRATING!

I agree with Sandy - don't worry. I put the grill that originally came with your car on my '06 because I liked it better (it's chromed while my original wasn't); there's nothing wrong with what I took off. There are some members on here who have changed their entire front end to the '09 version (the fog lamps are different too) just because they liked the look better, plus there were way fewer '09's made so they are harder to find as a whole car.

Also looks like your new ride has an after-market exhaust, which just further tells me the prior owner wanted to dress it up a bit! I did the same thing for much the same reason.

I will eventually learn all of the tricks with these cars! How can you tell the exhaust is different? I am just curious. Thanks again!

How can you tell the exhaust is different? I am just curious. Thanks again!

Because I spent a bunch of time studying mine while arguing with my husband about changing it! (he doesn't like oval exhausts - I was ok with them but ended up getting Corsa for sound purposes). Anyway, look at the picture below versus your XLR. Doesn't look like yours has the rolled ends & they're more of a rounded off rectangle than an oval, so makes me think they're not the OEM ones. They look nice though!

2006 Cadillac XLR - Infrared - Cadillac XLR Net Photo Gallery - Cadillac XLR | XLR-V Photos | Pics

I think because we've done a fair amount of "dress-up" mods on ours & keep an eye out for ideas that we tend to notice those kinds of things. Anyway, the changes made to yours all look good on it! :thumbsup

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom