Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! 2009 XLR Platinum Part NEEDED

Mskathy

As many have posted the inability to get parts.
The console cup holder cover/lid will not stay closed. All repair places and dealers say have to buy entire console for that one part at about $1400.00 YIKES

Anyone have any ideas? I have researched and found a possibility of just the part but not really sure it is very confusing. Also when the wood grain color is mentioned, it sounds like there are light and dark???

Appreciate any help, 2009 with only 9,000 miles and can't fix easily

Kathy

You might be interested in reading my thread about the broken lid fix. Sounds like the little holdown clip is broken.
Broken Console Cover

Otherwise, you just might have to pay for it. I'm still looking for that console surround plate that looks like perforated metal. They dent easily I hear and this one already 3 dented areas when I bought the car for my wife in July LAST year!

Good luck

Otherwise, you just might have to pay for it. I'm still looking for that console surround plate that looks like perforated metal. They dent easily I hear and this one already 3 dented areas when I bought the car for my wife in July LAST year!

Good luck

Those plates were never sold by themselves. I found one on eBay a couple of years ago. Hitting up junkyards and eBay is the only chance you'll find one

Someone on another thread mentioned using a paintless dent guy to try and pull them out with his tools. But I don't see the point, they all dent, and any fix will dent again. Might be cheap enough though.

Good luck

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back