Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Important! 2014 July Gathering New England XLRs & XLR-Vs

Alpine_V

My XLR/V(s)
08 Alpine White V, 07 Xenon Blue V, 09 Crystal Red V, 09 Black Cherry V
I would like to see if I can get an XLR gathering together sometime in July (or August) somewhere in New England. How about a weekend in New Hampshire? Mount Washington Grand Hotel @ Bretton Woods? Perhaps Cape Cod? How about a Friday, Saturday & Sunday. Meet & greet Friday afternoon. I can also put together a short seminar (an hour and a half) about the history of XLRs and XLR-Vs. Pictures, videos, productions figures, colors, etc., etc., from 2004 through 2009. Please let me know who would be interested!!!!!! Looking a few people to assist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE POST YOUR IDEAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patrick Rogers
aka Alpine_V
rogers.patrick@comcast.net

Sounds good to me...

I would like to see if I can get an XLR gathering together sometime in July (or August) somewhere in New England. How about a weekend in New Hampshire? Mount Washington Grand Hotel @ Bretton Woods? Perhaps Cape Cod? How about a Friday, Saturday & Sunday. Meet & greet Friday afternoon. I can also put together a short seminar (an hour and a half) about the history of XLRs and XLR-Vs. Pictures, videos, productions figures, colors, etc., etc., from 2004 through 2009. Please let me know who would be interested!!!!!! Looking a few people to assist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patrick Rogers
aka Alpine_V

I'd be interested.... Please keep me posted I've been dying to find someplace to drive mine.

Totally depends on when you put this together: I plan on Montana in early August and I have other commitments in July. I love New Hampshire, never been to Cape Cod so it all sounds good, depends on timing! Speaking for the others here: many of us would need a date before we commit to an event: the 'active' members all love to attend events when they can fit them in! :cool:

Just a long weekend we could maybe squeeze in if timing is right! Like Sandy said depends on dates! I need to see how long ithe driving time is from south central PA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Oh goodie a month that I can probably go. Would be interested. Please keep me updated. :)

Oh goodie a month that I can probably go. Would be interested. Please keep me updated.
The only thing is. Such a far away place. But probably could make a USA tour of northeast. Could probably stop in Niagara Falls and other historical areas

Last edited:
Yes dates would be nice. Would love to attend. Please keep me informed

New England gathering

Patrick Rogers
aka Alpine_V

Hi Patrick,Judy & I are interested in july,maybe the middle, away from the 4th. I think cape cod is way to busy in the summer,no way to drive around? N H or VT could work. Maine coast is nice, again very busy in mid summer.we've been to these areas many times and enjoy all.will be willing to assist in any way.:cool: thanks,Al pm me for contact info.

I could do the last 2 wks of July. So far nothing on the calendar that time frame July 20th-31st

Patrick:

Merilee and I would be interested. Either month would suit, but mid-July might be slightly better. We are still considering the Montana trip, but my wife's health may not handle such a long trip.

I agree that Cape Cod will be VERY busy in the summer, especially on the weekends. Last August, it took me about 2 hours to get past the turnoff on I90 to Cape Cod. There was nothing special about the weekend either to cause the backup.

I have not been to New Hampshire, Vermont or Maine so anywhere would be great.

Please put us on the list and keep us informed.

John

I don't know that area to well at all. But when I have cruised up to New England area by boat, it's been busy. I wouldn't mind it but from the Florida/Georgia line it is a very long trip. I'm just guessing though maybe 3 days drive?

So Tempting!!!

If we can fit it in, this sounds great! We'd love to see some of the friends we made at The Homecoming, make new ones and enjoy the New England scenery!

New England Gathering

I did some research on hotels in an area of NH that I think would be nice for our gathering in july. not to busy but enough variety,great touring roads,mt Washington cog railroad & auto road, outlet shopping. the mount Washington hotel is expensive!! about $250nt. mountain view grand resort & spar in whitefield is $200nt.eagle mountain house & golf club in Jackson is about $150nt. hotels are generally in the same area and are the same type/flavor. these are just some of my suggestions. always open to other ideas,looking for feedback.:) later, Al

Count me in

I did some research on hotels in an area of NH that I think would be nice for our gathering in july. not to busy but enough variety,great touring roads,mt Washington cog railroad & auto road, outlet shopping. the mount Washington hotel is expensive!! about $250nt. mountain view grand resort & spar in whitefield is $200nt.eagle mountain house & golf club in Jackson is about $150nt. hotels are generally in the same area and are the same type/flavor. these are just some of my suggestions. always open to other ideas,looking for feedback.:) later, Al

I live in the Southern Maine area and think it's a great idea. Give me the details and sign me up.

Ed

N E gathering

I've been digging deeper on this and found ANY lodging in the white mt. area is mostly booked NOW,hard to get a block of rms? there's santas village and storyland plus the usual tourist attractions in this area. this holds for all summer. I'll keep looking and try Vermont.:) later,AL

I live in the Southern Maine area and think it's a great idea. Give me the details and sign me up.

Ed

Hi Ed,we go to stage neck inn in your area twice a year and love it BUT in the summer it is very expensive!! and the area is crowded.

update: I just talked to the Eagle Mountain House & golf Club in Jackson,NH, good prices and they can probably accommodate us,15/20 rms? I will talk w/the person tomorrow who books groups/special rates and packages and find out what is actually available. lets hear from you people.they are very busy last 2 wks of july & 1st 2 wks of august but not sold out.we need some idea about numbers and dates so we can at least block out rooms. Thanks, Al

I don't know that area to well at all. But when I have cruised up to New England area by boat, it's been busy. I wouldn't mind it but from the Florida/Georgia line it is a very long trip. I'm just guessing though maybe 3 days drive?

Hi,from Augusta GA to Jackson NH is about 1100mi. Al

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry