Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

A Cadillac XLR Makes a Quick Stop in a Dry Cleaners

Rob

Seasoned Member
Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
Elderly 'optometrist' with 'I DOCTR' license plate smashes through dry cleaners' glass store front, narrowly missing two people inside

• A driver was filmed smashing through the front window of a dry cleaners in Canoga Park, California, on Tuesday afternoon
  • The car narrowly missed two people inside the shop during the sudden crash
  • The high-powered vehicle can be heard revving before a loud bang is heard
  • It's believed the driver mistakenly pressed the gas pedal instead of the brake
  • With the license plate 'I DOCTR' witnesses believe the elderly driver was an optometrist, perhaps in need of getting his glasses checked
  • Store owner Larry Marks said: 'It was crazy, we're just glad no one got injured'

By Ryan Parry West Coast Correspondent For Dailymail.com

This is the shocking moment a Cadillac XLR sports car smashes through the window of a dry cleaners in the middle of the day - narrowly missing two people inside.

The car plowed through the glass front at The Cleaners store in Canoga Park, California around 1pm Tuesday, sending shards of glass into the air.

In exclusive video obtained by DailyMail.com the high-powered vehicle can be heard revving before a loud bang is heard as the vehicle smashes into the shop.

A customer seen standing by the counter with a member of staff recoils in shock and is heard saying, 'Oh my God, what the h**l.'

It's believed the driver of the two-seater XLR, which has a retractable-hardtop, had mistakenly pressed the gas pedal instead of the brake.

With the license plate 'I DOCTR', witnesses believe the elderly driver was an optometrist, perhaps in need of getting his glasses checked.

Store owner Larry Marks told DailyMail.com: 'It was crazy, we're just glad no one got injured.

'A couple of feet either way by the vehicle or a person and we could have been having a different conversation.'

Marks says he was out of the store at the time but received a frantic call from one of his staff.

'It happened a little after one o'clock and an employee called me. She said I had to get back immediately because somebody drove into the store.

'I was like "what!" and she had to say it again, I didn't quite understand what she was saying.

'I was driving back and I have this IP camera set up in the store so I took a quick look on my phone while I was at a stop light and I was like, "holys**t there's a car in the lobby."'
He continued: 'The whole car was inside the store, it smashed through the window and into the counter pushing it ten feet back. When I got back the police were there.'

Marks says the driver of the car was an elderly customer who he believes made an honest mistake.

He added: 'I didn't really ask what was going on I was just worried about my store.

'It's probably a case of he pressed the wrong pedal and the car came over the cement barrier and through the window.

'We're trying to get back to normal but we plan to reopen tomorrow (Wednesday). '

Attachments

• 49363C5700000578-5391685-image-a-8_1518624947902.jpg
    49363C5700000578-5391685-image-a-8_1518624947902.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 373
  • 49363C6400000578-0-image-m-5_1518623979574.jpg
    49363C6400000578-0-image-m-5_1518623979574.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 383
  • 49363C7000000578-0-image-a-1_1518623934626.jpg
    49363C7000000578-0-image-a-1_1518623934626.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 393
  • 49363C6C00000578-0-image-a-6_1518623993291.jpg
    49363C6C00000578-0-image-a-6_1518623993291.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 388
Ouch! Poor XLR!

Just imagining the damage to this car hurts. Good thing no one was injured. The car needs major cleaning now before body work can begin. Hmm? It did crash inside a 'dry cleaner' store. - Wrong cleaning facility though.

My heart hurts! 😢😢

Just imagining the damage to this car hurts. Good thing no one was injured. The car needs major cleaning now before body work can begin. Hmm? It did crash inside a 'dry cleaner' store. - Wrong cleaning facility though.

I was thinking that exact same thing CNC! I can't decide whether I'm just a horrible person or I simply love these cars so much...lol...because the people in the cleaners were an afterthought!😕😄 All I could imagine was how devastated I would be if it were me and my Quinn. 😭😭🤢

Nice Fit

Since all are ok...............Did anyone else note how well the car fit?

Elderly 'optometrist' with 'I DOCTR' license plate smashes through dry cleaners' glass store front, narrowly missing two people inside

• A driver was filmed smashing through the front window of a dry cleaners in Canoga Park, California, on Tuesday afternoon
  • The car narrowly missed two people inside the shop during the sudden crash
  • The high-powered vehicle can be heard revving before a loud bang is heard
  • It's believed the driver mistakenly pressed the gas pedal instead of the brake
  • With the license plate 'I DOCTR' witnesses believe the elderly driver was an optometrist, perhaps in need of getting his glasses checked
  • Store owner Larry Marks said: 'It was crazy, we're just glad no one got injured'

By Ryan Parry West Coast Correspondent For Dailymail.com

This is the shocking moment a Cadillac XLR sports car smashes through the window of a dry cleaners in the middle of the day - narrowly missing two people inside.

The car plowed through the glass front at The Cleaners store in Canoga Park, California around 1pm Tuesday, sending shards of glass into the air.

In exclusive video obtained by DailyMail.com the high-powered vehicle can be heard revving before a loud bang is heard as the vehicle smashes into the shop.

A customer seen standing by the counter with a member of staff recoils in shock and is heard saying, 'Oh my God, what the h**l.'

It's believed the driver of the two-seater XLR, which has a retractable-hardtop, had mistakenly pressed the gas pedal instead of the brake.

With the license plate 'I DOCTR', witnesses believe the elderly driver was an optometrist, perhaps in need of getting his glasses checked.

Store owner Larry Marks told DailyMail.com: 'It was crazy, we're just glad no one got injured.

'A couple of feet either way by the vehicle or a person and we could have been having a different conversation.'

Marks says he was out of the store at the time but received a frantic call from one of his staff.

'It happened a little after one o'clock and an employee called me. She said I had to get back immediately because somebody drove into the store.

'I was like "what!" and she had to say it again, I didn't quite understand what she was saying.

'I was driving back and I have this IP camera set up in the store so I took a quick look on my phone while I was at a stop light and I was like, "holys**t there's a car in the lobby."'
He continued: 'The whole car was inside the store, it smashed through the window and into the counter pushing it ten feet back. When I got back the police were there.'

Marks says the driver of the car was an elderly customer who he believes made an honest mistake.

He added: 'I didn't really ask what was going on I was just worried about my store.

'It's probably a case of he pressed the wrong pedal and the car came over the cement barrier and through the window.

'We're trying to get back to normal but we plan to reopen tomorrow (Wednesday). '

Must not be a V, otherwise he would have shot thru more of the store!!!! :laugh:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom