Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

A little word of warning for our XLR owners

I recall reading about that screw-Drivers side? I believe there is an article in the Forum. I will also look it up in my 4 Volume Service Manual.
Thanks.
I want a 4 volume. I have recently decided that the two volume is missing some good stuff.

What the struts or the 4 volume? 4 volume is available but one has to be careful. I almost bought a 2 volume and the seller said he thought that that was the whole set until I saw a thread here that said some of the CD versions were missing a lot of info and I believe they were made off of a 2 volume set and not 4 volume, so I am looking for a 4 set. They are available but cost is a factor. $20 bucks looks better than 400 bucks! I am leaning to the 400 bucks.

Ended up getting a better Battery Tender. OFF TOPIC; sometimes my Passenger Door will not open when the button is pressed. I discovered that if you hit the Unlock button on the Drivers door that it will then work!
Hope this helps someone.
Struts for holding the Trunk Lid up are no longer available from GM. Does anyone have a substitute # , Length, M'f'g'r etc? Thanks.
Stabilus® - Trunk Lid Lift Support more details on - Stabilus® - Trunk Lid Lift Support

Ended up getting a better Battery Tender. OFF TOPIC; sometimes my Passenger Door will not open when the button is pressed. I discovered that if you hit the Unlock button on the Drivers door that it will then work!
Hope this helps someone.
Struts for holding the Trunk Lid up are no longer available from GM. Does anyone have a substitute # , Length, M'f'g'r etc? Thanks.
I thought that I had posted the replacement part for the rear struts, but I do not see it here. Stabulus struts are available in Canada. Don't forget about the limit screw. I did not replace the bottom socket, just unscrewed the old strut and screwed in the new strut and only had to clip on the top socket to the ball. Since you have the manuals they must state that in there.

Hope this helps someone.
I got mine from Amazon

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back