Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

ANOTHER "Nube" here!

MrSunshine

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Xenon Blue XLR with Chamere / Slate interior
Just got my 06 XLR on Saturday! (FINALLY!) It's Xenon Blue with Cashmere & Slate interior. I'm really looking forward to getting "into" the car! She's not going to stay stock for long. But I'll preserve all of the original parts. I've already added it to the Registry & posted an album to get things rolling for me in here!
I'm located in Arizona. So, any other Az XLR owners want to connect, don't be shy! Lemme know!

Welcome

Just got my 06 XLR on Saturday! (FINALLY!) It's Xenon Blue with Cashmere & Slate interior. I'm really looking forward to getting "into" the car! She's not going to stay stock for long. But I'll preserve all of the original parts. I've already added it to the Registry & posted an album to get things rolling for me in here!
I'm located in Arizona. So, any other Az XLR owners want to connect, don't be shy! Lemme know!

Welcome to the group - congrats on your NEW TO YOU XLR. You will absolutely LOVE your XLR. Enjoy!

Welcome Mr Sunshine! Xenon blue is a fabulous color on the XLR, love it! You have come to the right place, any questions you can search the forums.... but if you are like me.... you may not find what you are looking for BUT all ya gotta do is ask and you will get lots of help here! Most of us know lots about our cars and some seem to know everything and have schematics and documents to share. Meanwhile, shine her up and drive the heck outta her (XLR's are female: to be that hot n sexy they gotta be!) Enjoy: Life is good! :burnout:

Welcome Mr Sunshine! Xenon blue is a fabulous color on the XLR, love it! You have come to the right place, any questions you can search the forums.... but if you are like me.... you may not find what you are looking for BUT all ya gotta do is ask and you will get lots of help here! Most of us know lots about our cars and some seem to know everything and have schematics and documents to share. Meanwhile, shine her up and drive the heck outta her (XLR's are female: to be that hot n sexy they gotta be!) Enjoy: Life is good! :burnout:
Thank you! Thank you!! I'm excited to start learning about this fabulous machine! I've already discovered that front & rear sway bars are a must! Gotta learn how to lower the rear a bit, find the right wheels (offset advice would be great!) cold air intake (suggestions??) & get my exhaust done for starters!

upgrade

Thank you! Thank you!! I'm excited to start learning about this fabulous machine! I've already discovered that front & rear sway bars are a must! Gotta learn how to lower the rear a bit, find the right wheels (offset advice would be great!) cold air intake (suggestions??) & get my exhaust done for starters!
Not sure about changing front sway bar but adding the rear is a great improvement for the buck. You can find them on ebay new take offs from the corvetts .Z51 option is about the same as the V bar I do believe. Just adding one will plant the car in turns. get one wit hlinks bushings and brackets if you can. I bought one for 75 shipped wit heverything but the 2 bolts you need to bolt it to the crossmember. I think a lot of people run the volant fresh air but about 25% or less have check engine lights come on . Most don't have any problems .

Cold Air intake: I am sure I will get an argument here but I had a Volant: great bolt in system, uses a K&N filter but it makes very little difference if any and I kept getting engine codes so I took it off. ( it did make a bit more noise at the engine) I at this point still have a K&N air filter on the car but apparently GM air filters are the best on the market. I have always been a K&N person but we recently saw an unbiased test of all the filters on some fancy testing equipment worth hundreds of thousands of dollars - and it turns out that factory GM filters flowed the most and and was tops for trapping fine particles.

Exhaust: Hands down - the CORSA - sounds really nice with normal acceleration, wicked when you stand on it and NO DRONE on the highway - even with the top up. Yes, it is noisier than stock on the highway but no drone, plus it is a quality system that is an easy bolt on.
:burnout:

Lowering the rear: you got me, I think it is fairly low already and sits perfect.... but beauty in in the eye of the beer holder.....:beerchug: , likely anything for that era Corvettes will be where you need to look.........and you sure do NOT want to lower the nose any: Be careful with that nose, backing into sparking spots is your new best friend.

Have fun Mr Sunshine!
:cool:

Not sure about changing front sway bar but adding the rear is a great improvement for the buck. You can find them on ebay new take offs from the corvetts .Z51 option is about the same as the V bar I do believe. Just adding one will plant the car in turns. get one wit hlinks bushings and brackets if you can. I bought one for 75 shipped wit heverything but the 2 bolts you need to bolt it to the crossmember. I think a lot of people run the volant fresh air but about 25% or less have check engine lights come on . Most don't have any problems .

I agree about the front bar, I just added the rear bar and could feel the difference. I tend to get excited in the corners and push the car and have never had it push back in the front but I don't Auto Cross with my car, check that out with Gizmo Q.

The thing with the Volant and K&N type filters is that you have to be very careful to not over-oil the filter. We know that and still had trouble with codes. We wrapped the filter in clean terry towels to try to pull excessive oil from the filter and still got codes so I took it off, and did not feel any difference. I dont have code trouble with the regular style K&N but after seeing the tests I intend to switch back. It is all about Air IN and Air Out so if the factory filter flows more air then that is the one I want.

Thanks SO much for the info! I'll take all I can get. This isn't
my 1st build. But it IS my 1st Caddy/ Nothstar build.

Cold Air intake: I am sure I will get an argument here but I had a Volant: great bolt in system, uses a K&N filter but it makes very little difference if any and I kept getting engine codes so I took it off. ( it did make a bit more noise at the engine) I at this point still have a K&N air filter on the car but apparently GM air filters are the best on the market. I have always been a K&N person but we recently saw an unbiased test of all the filters on some fancy testing equipment worth hundreds of thousands of dollars - and it turns out that factory GM filters flowed the most and and was tops for trapping fine particles.

Exhaust: Hands down - the CORSA - sounds really nice with normal acceleration, wicked when you stand on it and NO DRONE on the highway - even with the top up. Yes, it is noisier than stock on the highway but no drone, plus it is a quality system that is an easy bolt on.
:burnout:

Lowering the rear: you got me, I think it is fairly low already and sits perfect.... but beauty in in the eye of the beer holder.....:beerchug: , likely anything for that era Corvettes will be where you need to look.........and you sure do NOT want to lower the nose any: Be careful with that nose, backing into sparking spots is your new best friend.

Have fun Mr Sunshine!
:cool:

Thank you! Thank you!
Yeah, I'll be careful with the nose for sure. I'm used to dealing with low, long noses on cars. (Look in my garage!)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom