Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

anyone near columbia SC ?, nice xlr, i need a drive by !

lextoy

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 Liquid Amethyst
hi all, i have been looking at the xlr to buy for a long time,
found one in columbia SC at the audi dealer, 2007 platinum edition listed as xenon blue,
but its actually liquid amethyst.
unfortunatley i am in philadelphia.
does anyone know this vehicle?
and/or if you are in the area if you can stop in to check it out let me know if its good condition bad condition
whatever you can see , would be helpful.
dinner on me :)
carfax shows the waterpump replaced, done at cadillac dealer
let me know what you think,
should i go for it?
also, any xlr experts i can order an inspection from?
someone who knows what to look for on this car, like rear compartment leaks, oil leaks, etc
before i fly in to look at it myself.
all help appreciated.

UPDATE: BOUGHT IT !

Last edited:
hahaha
so of course the audi dealer says its in excellent condition,and they have performed a 172 point inspection,
but i am not allowed to have a 3rd party professional come in to check it out! and they wont send any pictures of the interior with the top down. grrrr lazy.
i got my caddy dealer to let me look a the maint records in their system.
i'll keep pressing audi on a professional inspection.
i'm calling the local caddy dealer in columbia to see if they will do a pre purchase inspection on a car they originally sold, i bet they will say no.
if i can determine cosmetic condition is above average, maybe worth buying a plane ticket to go see. i really want a purple caddy !!
still looking if anyone can go check it out, if its cosmetically clean and the price is right it could be worth buying...

Last edited:
Long distance buys often end up a lose-lose situation.

If you don't check the car out in person, you might end up with this experience: https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/cadi.../7940-2007-xlr-v-on-ebay.html?highlight=Coral (work through the thread).

If you do go, it's hard to leave without the car - & the dealer is going to work that angle. "You must really want it if you came all that way ..."

I definitely would be suspicious of the lack of cooperation from the SC dealer - that usually doesn't happen until you are already on the hook!

Good luck! There are a lot of nice XLR's out there (even if they aren't purple), & some good dealers near you. Maybe let a local Caddy dealer know you're looking, you might pay more up front but be better off down the road. There are other members on her from Pa. who may be able to give recommendations for a dealer.

i read your story just the other day!
i will probably have to fly in to check it out, but i will have a round trip ticket, so if the deals no good, just fly home :)
i have been hunting around for about a year, XLR, CL63, gallardo, and to be honest
i keep coming back to the XLR ! the hard top convertible, the rarity, the low build #'s, all appeal to me.
i really want a hardtop convertible, and this car looks like nothing else out there.
but i'm not stuck on this exact one.
i will be off for 6 weeks soon, so plenty of time to R&R from work , and do a little traveling,
and maybe buy a car;)
i will need a dealer in the philadelphia area,
i called up Armen in plymouth meeting, they said they had several XLR certified techs.
and they were happy to oblige with the dealer maint records.
anyone else recommend them?

I heard someone tell me that there is a blue xlr here in old town st augustine. I think I know where they were talking about. But tomorrow I'll be down in that area and will look for it.

the car sold already. :( i guess the 07 amethyst is something lots of people are lookin for. hopefully someone who appreciates it got it.
not just some random divorced soccer mom. any bets it reappears in 2 weeks for 40k?
update: moron at internet sales for the dealership told me it was sold...
it wasnt! got a call on monday from floor salesman i spoke to last week that car was still there. I bought my plane ticket an hour later, and flew in on tuesday...creampuff! i bought it! purple caddy is mine! so excited.

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back