Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Battery ??

One thing to note is that with the battery dead, the hydraulic pump will not work, so you will have to lift the trunk's weight plus overcome the hydraulics. In other words, you will need some help to open the trunk. While some one turns the key, other person lifts the trunk. Once open, access the door latch release in the trunk as Hawkeye mentioned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One thing to note is that with the battery dead, the hydraulic pump will not work, so you will have to lift the trunk's weight plus overcome the hydraulics. In other words, you will need some help to open the trunk. While some one turns the key, other person lifts the trunk. Once open, access the door latch release in the trunk as Hawkeye mentioned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ops I guess I forgot to mention that. Thanks nerkpowers. I guess every time I do this (test to make sure it’s not stuck. ) (square door) the battery is never dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone remind me how to index the windows. Tomorrow is battery day ;((

Can someone remind me how to index the windows. Tomorrow is battery day ;((

Push the window button up and hold (don’t release) Then do it to the other window. I would do this one window at a time. You might have to repeat again If it doesn’t take the first time. Mine always takes several tries but it usually only take a max of 3 tries

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom