Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Cadillac ATS-V to sport a Twin-Turbo Charged 500hp 3.2L V6?

Rob

Seasoned Member
Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
attachment.php

It was believed that the upcoming Cadillac ATS-V would probably debut with some form of the 2013 Cadillac XTS Vsport's twin-turbocharged 3.6-liter V-6 which is also used in the 2014 Cadillac CTS Vsport. However, Automobile Magazine is hearing rumors that the ATS-V engine could in fact be a twin-turbocharged 3.2L V6 putting out 500+ horsepower!

Given some of the competition coming from Germany, we wouldn't be surprised if Cadillac is going to equip the ATS-V to kick ass and take names. For more details, head on over to Automobile magazine:

Cadillac ATS-V Could Utilize Twin-Turbocharged 3.2-Liter V-6 - Rumor Central

Attachments

• 2015-Cadillac-ATS-V-front-three-quarter-spied-2-796x528.jpg
    2015-Cadillac-ATS-V-front-three-quarter-spied-2-796x528.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 1,403
If it only had more interior room I would think about trading in my new XTS for it. Probably just get me into trouble anyway.

That will give Nissan's V6 a run for a much lower price.

Do you mean the gt-r. Good luck

I believe they are both 500hp and I'm sure the Caddy will cost a whole lot less. I saw a GTR on the track during an Alpha club driving day a couple of weeks ago and it wasn't a whole lot faster than a couple of Vettes, C5's.

My statement that the Caddy will give it a run was ment as a run for the money. I think you'll get more bang for your bucks with the Caddy which I'm sure will sell cheaper than the Nissan.

I'm always at the Portland Int. Raceway and someone will rent a caddy and test it out. I've seen just about all of the cars on that track.

And they will have Cadillac American brand name car!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
" 05 GRAND DADDY"

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry