Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Can’t stop staring at our XLR-V

XLRV

My XLR/V(s)
2006 Black Raven XLR-V
After falling in love with the stealthy lines of the XLR upon its debut, I have finally pulled the trigger and purchased my own “previously loved” 2006 XLR-V. It had been touch and go from the beginning of the deal, being 1K miles away and working over the phone, but finally after several unforeseen ‘Houston, we have a problem” moments, our V has arrived.

After signing the deal, but before being shipped, the seller called to say that “a light came on” and I’d need to send more money. Needless to say, I could have ended it all right there and walked away, never owning my V. However, we worked through it and the seller agreed to put on two new cats and O2 sensors. That’s one headache and invoice I am happy to have bypassed. So now two weeks later, she arrives and the getting to know each other period has begun.

Unfortunately the owners manual did not come as hoped, but these forums are really helping to fill in some unknown areas. I see already the lenses will need to be repaired someday and the passenger side mirror clicks like mad in Reverse and doesn’t return to the correct place in Drive.

But that’s all part of the fun. The thrill of the chase . And the beginning of a long and loving relationship that I believe we’re all hunting.

Thanks in in advance for any and all advice offered. See you out there.

Welcome! A great resource for new owners!

The first few weeks are exciting and yet the vehicle might seem fragile! It will be a great asset and fun to drive!
:wave:

QUOTE=XLRV;75531]After falling in love with the stealthy lines of the XLR upon its debut, I have finally pulled the trigger and purchased my own “previously loved” 2006 XLR-V. It had been touch and go from the beginning of the deal, being 1K miles away and working over the phone, but finally after several unforeseen ‘Houston, we have a problem” moments, our V has arrived.

After signing the deal, but before being shipped, the seller called to say that “a light came on” and I’d need to send more money. Needless to say, I could have ended it all right there and walked away, never owning my V. However, we worked through it and the seller agreed to put on two new cats and O2 sensors. That’s one headache and invoice I am happy to have bypassed. So now two weeks later, she arrives and the getting to know each other period has begun.

Unfortunately the owners manual did not come as hoped, but these forums are really helping to fill in some unknown areas. I see already the lenses will need to be repaired someday and the passenger side mirror clicks like mad in Reverse and doesn’t return to the correct place in Drive.

But that’s all part of the fun. The thrill of the chase . And the beginning of a long and loving relationship that I believe we’re all hunting.

Thanks in in advance for any and all advice offered. See you out there.[/QUOTE]

Congratulations on your new ride & welcome to the forum. There's a wealth of good information here provided by a bunch of good folks.

Welcome Aboard

Congrats on your new beautiful ride. One thing to know right out of the gate on The XLR's, they have constant parasitic drain on the battery. Without a Battery Tender it will be dead in a few days time. Even with a low battery, all sorts of weird things begin happening. Having it on a tender 24/7 is essential, as well as a really good battery. Consider replacing the battery every two years. Cheap insurance. :cool: Top down cruising in an XLR is the only way to travel. ;)

Welcome: and may I repeat what CNC said you must have a battery tender and plug it in regularly.

Your XLR is new to you - I am sure it wont sit for very long but with 'iffy' spring weather - often intentions get rained out. Basically if you wont be driving it for 'close to a week' then plug it in. Also get your battery tested to see it it is up to the challenge. XLR's go from not giving you ANY hint of trouble (aka, slow turn over or temperamental doors or windows) to the damn trunk didn't want to close and the car refused to start and the battery is totally nackered (my experience)

Not to scare you: Other than that incident my XLR has been a trouble free dream. The above episode happened the summer before last on the morning of embarking on a trip to join a bunch of members from this group on one of our planned gatherings. (our gatherings are great fun) That was after more than 5 years of no trouble and regular Battery tender hookup..... and it was the original battery. (mine is an 09 I purchased in 2011)

When you run out of things to do we would love to know more about your XLR - 06 V - what color? its history? and see some photos.

Once again Welcome: hope to meet you at an event! :burnout:

Many Thanks

Thanks for the warm reception and words of wisdom. I have met many great friends and learned more than I could imagine on another car forum that I still enjoy for my other “Toys”. I look forward to sharing information, opinions and swapping tales (or parts) with a great group of owners that can only be found on an active and vibrant forum community like this one.

As a side note, I saw my car’s twin in Coastal SC ten years ago and decided then I’d have one just like it one day. I haven’t seen it or an XLR in my town again since. Then mine was delivered 2 weeks ago and the very next day the “Twin” mysteriously re-appeared in the turning lane next to me. I snappped a quick pic of it as it rode off into the sunset. No lie, it was surreal. I was not however in our new V when it happened.

BB203ACF-DED2-4FF4-B07B-1270CB214521.jpg775889B6-60CA-4F6E-90BA-5A190014BE54.jpg <<—— MB Mystery V

This weekend you can bet we’ll be out driving and searching for it in our own new V.

We’re also Looking for owners and events in the Carolinas. It’s only gonna get better.

Cheers. :cool:

After falling in love with the stealthy lines of the XLR upon its debut, I have finally pulled the trigger and purchased my own “previously loved” 2006 XLR-V. It had been touch and go from the beginning of the deal, being 1K miles away and working over the phone, but finally after several unforeseen ‘Houston, we have a problem” moments, our V has arrived.

Thanks in in advance for any and all advice offered. See you out there.

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on getting in the XLR-V club.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the warm reception and words of wisdom. I have met many great friends and learned more than I could imagine on another car forum that I still enjoy for my other “Toys”. I look forward to sharing information, opinions and swapping tales (or parts) with a great group of owners that can only be found on an active and vibrant forum community like this one.

As a side note, I saw my car’s twin in Coastal SC ten years ago and decided then I’d have one just like it one day. I haven’t seen it or an XLR in my town again since. Then mine was delivered 2 weeks ago and the very next day the “Twin” mysteriously re-appeared in the turning lane next to me. I snappped a quick pic of it as it rode off into the sunset. No lie, it was surreal. I was not however in our new V when it happened.

View attachment 7865View attachment 7866 <<—— MB Mystery V

This weekend you can bet we’ll be out driving and searching for it in our own new V.

We’re also Looking for owners and events in the Carolinas. It’s only gonna get better.

Cheers. :cool:

welcome from Florida hope you’ll have as much fun in your V as the rest of us do in our xlrs. Even if some of us only have the base model.
8DC2CA8A-7A33-4C75-B235-88C3BEC66EE0.jpg

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back