Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Car cover

dweiss

I'm a new XLR owner, and would like to get some feedback on a good car cover. As usual, resort to the Internet produces overload, eyestrain, and an Exedrin headache. Thanks.

Intro Tech Car Cover

I'm a new XLR owner, and would like to get some feedback on a good car cover. As usual, resort to the Internet produces overload, eyestrain, and an Exedrin headache. Thanks.

Couple years ago I bought an Intro Tech Car Cover. The company is in Chino California. Have lost the contact information but you should be able to find them on the web. I think I paid around $200. Came with wind safety straps, a security cable and lock. And on the front an embroidered Cadillac Logo.

I have used the cover alot. In the summer I rarely put the top up. Just slip the cover on. Seems very durable. It fits a little loosely with the top down. Snug with the top up.

JIM

Couple years ago I bought an Intro Tech Car Cover. The company is in Chino California. Have lost the contact information but you should be able to find them on the web. I think I paid around $200. Came with wind safety straps, a security cable and lock. And on the front an embroidered Cadillac Logo.

I have used the cover alot. In the summer I rarely put the top up. Just slip the cover on. Seems very durable. It fits a little loosely with the top down. Snug with the top up.

JIM

Jim, thanks for the reply. By the way, I thought I was seeing things when I saw your reply. Why? Because my uncle, who is the only other person that I know that owns an XLR, and who was instrumental in talking me into getting mine (which wasn't hard, since I've always loved this vehicle) is named Jim - only he lives in Fort Myers, Fla. Now, it just so happens that my 2006 XLR (that I just bought in Houston and drove here to San Antonio) was originally purchased. in Fort Myers. I figure then that it must have been good karma for me to have this car.

I have a Griot's car cover I am ready to sell. This is an indoor cover, used for when you store the XLR for the winter or extended periods. The interior is flannel, so it's easy on the paint. It's in great condition and comes with the storage bag.

$100 plus shipping OBO. ****************** News Flash: The cover is SOLD! He loves it!! ********************************

Car Care Products, Detailing Supplies, Auto Accessories - Griot's Garage 800-345-5789

PM me for additional info.

CC :wave:

Last edited:
I have a Griot's car cover I am ready to sell. This is an indoor cover, used for when you store the XLR for the winter or extended periods. The interior is flannel, so it's easy on the paint. It's in great condition and comes with the storage bag.

$100 plus shipping OBO.

Car Care Products, Detailing Supplies, Auto Accessories - Griot's Garage 800-345-5789

PM me for additional info.

CC, being new to the forum, maybe I need to get more familiar with terms, acronyms, etc. So give me some help on what PM means? What I'm looking for is something I can throw on the XLR like on weekends, or when I may need a quick cover for a few hours or few days. It's not likely I'd ever be storing it for any length of time. I live in San Antonio, Texas, so I'm not familiar with storing vehicles inside. With all the junk in my garage (OK, some of it is my fault, no car has seen the inside of my garage in years). Would your cover work for my purposes? Can you take it with you on a trip, or is it too large? Let's talk.

Last edited:
Thanks for the interest. Many XLR owners garage their cars in hibernation during the winter months. The Griot's car cover I'm offering is a premium, custom-fitted indoor cover, meant to protect the paint from scratches when working or moving about in the garage. The interior of the cover is a very soft flannel. I stored my car for fourteen months once, and it was just as clean and shiny as the day I parked it.

I'll open a new thread and post pictures when I get a chance.

To answer your question, this isn't a rain cover, and as such is meant for indoor protection.

To send a PM, (private message) left-click on the member's name and a menu will appear, allowing you to create a PM. I've sent you one as well, so you can see how it works.

****************************** SOLD! ****************************** The new owner will love it!!

Last edited:
CC, being new to the forum, maybe I need to get more familiar with terms, acronyms, etc. So give me some help on what PM means? What I'm looking for is something I can throw on the XLR like on weekends, or when I may need a quick cover for a few hours or few days. It's not likely I'd ever be storing it for any length of time. I live in San Antonio, Texas, so I'm not familiar with storing vehicles inside. With all the junk in my garage (OK, some of it is my fault, no car has seen the inside of my garage in years). Would your cover work for my purposes? Can you take it with you on a trip, or is it too large? Let's talk. (210) 223-1604 (days), and (210) 854-4022 nights and weekends.

We have an outdoor one, don't remember the brand but can look it up & tell you if you're interested (just so you can buy your own if you want). You can take it with you on a trip but it will take up the entire passenger floorboard under the dash if you put it there (obviously you can use the trunk too).

As for taking it on a trip, the problem we ran into was if it got rained on, how were we going to get it dried out so we could store it back in the car? :dunno: It was calling for rain the night before we were to leave the hotel so there wouldn't have been time to try to spread it out into the room to dry & we weren't going to try a dryer. So we ended up not using it & it just took up space.

I would think it would be fine to use at home as an alternative to a garage. Just remember if the car isn't squeaky clean you risk scratches from putting it on & off.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom