Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

cd player

CD Player

I want a 6 cd player to fit radio in 2006 XLR-V Thanks

I believe your 2006 XLR V should have a standard 6 CD Changer already built in. All 6 CD's load threw just the one CD slot. Owners manual should go through the CD Loading process. :)

yes it has the original 6 cd player, but it has had it and i would like to replace. Thanks

yes it has the original 6 cd player, but it has had it and i would like to replace. Thanks

Those factory cd players were wonky when they came out new. More than likely you are getting a "CD ERROR" or some kind of load error trying to use it. It's really not worth it to sink more money into a 12 year old, out of date head unit/cd player.
A lot of us have changed out the whole system and got a new up to date head unit installed, Pioneer, Panasonic and Kenwood units can all be installed in the XLR and then you can upgrade Lots of info here if you are interested in going in that direction

Thanks, rexster314. Do you have any suggestions for a model or source for a CD head unit replacement?

Thanks again....I was hoping to get a suggestion for a source or even a brand/model to consider a replacement. If you have done this, can you recommend one?

cadillac 2006 SRX unit is the same. You can have dealership reprogram or just plus and play it works fine. the only reason to reprogram is disk number buttons on steering wheel and or songs are backward. There is one number difference in the part number. I picked up one from usrd parts for 75.00 and it is working fine.

Thanks, toothclark…..much appreciated.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back