Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Change Max Speed

twinlove69

Hi everyone! I have read that top speed on the XLR-V is factory limited to 155mph. Can anyone tell me how to change or eliminate this? I recently replaced my tires with a new set of W speed rated tires (186mph), and would like to be prepared for the next legal high speed trial in my area (Denver, CO.).
I've borrowed a Launch code reader from a friend, but haven't been able to find any reference to top speed, or speed limiter.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Yes - it can be done, I have done it to my 06 V.

You need either EFI-Live or HP-Tuners to reprogram the engine computer to remove the limiter. Its not a big deal... alternatively, you can take your V to any Corvette tuner and they will likely have the programmer to do it for you - the going rate is typically around $300 for a full performance tune.

Thank you! It looks like I could get what I need from HP-Tuners for $400 to do it myself, of course paying a pro $300 for a one-time complete tune might actually be a better value, especially if it is a full dyno tune.

My local shop wants $300 just to change top speed and $700 for a tune!
My HP-Tuner including 2 credits is on it's way from ebay for $375 including tax.
Seems like the best value to me. :)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back