Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! computers not communicating

Unique xlr

Hi,
Have been reading your posts for years ! Never understood why so many problems and my car never skiped a beat. Got a surprise last night. msg display started flashing stbility sys, svc traction control. so I stopped,shut the car off and restarted all msgs gone. Drove home put the car in the garage. Ck engine light came on along with the ABS light. when I went to start in the AM would not!!! Ck enging light on gauges cycled after 30 sec. Msg center said. svc soon,ck abs, ck fuel,stbility sys, svc traction control.from what I have read computers not communicating. any on have any thoughts. Thanks CJ

Hi,
Have been reading your posts for years ! Never understood why so many problems and my car never skiped a beat. Got a surprise last night. msg display started flashing stbility sys, svc traction control. so I stopped,shut the car off and restarted all msgs gone. Drove home put the car in the garage. Ck engine light came on along with the ABS light. when I went to start in the AM would not!!! Ck enging light on gauges cycled after 30 sec. Msg center said. svc soon,ck abs, ck fuel,stbility sys, svc traction control.from what I have read computers not communicating. any on have any thoughts. Thanks CJ

First thing I would check is the battery. Be sure it's fully charged, these cars do very strange things when a battery needs a charge or replacement.

Sounds like the module in the back trunk could be fired. I would advise checking there especially if it has been raining lately. It is located in the left hand side underneath the carpet.

I HAD that THOUGHT! FOUND OUT BACK THERE IS CONTROL MOD FOR THE TOP. LOOKING @ THE body control module/ bcm fuse box. under floor 0n pass side. Still looking right now. good thought........... Thanks CJ

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom