Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Console at shifter and cup holder/ lighter

Steve Lee

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
My shifter wood is of the light color, although my door pulls, and cupholder/lighter,
is dark color wood. Is it posible that GM did this when they built the car, or did some one change the shifter trim??????

If you have different colors of wood in the interior of your XLR, someone obviously changed it. All the wood on the interior was the same color; whether is was light or dark.

My shifter wood is of the light color, although my door pulls, and cupholder/lighter,
is dark color wood. Is it posible that GM did this when they built the car, or did some one change the shifter trim??????

More than likely the console lid broke (hinges are frail) and the entire top portion of the console was replaced under warranty with a mismatched wood trim. The hinges were totally broken off when I got our XLR. After about 8 months I found a console on eBay that wasn't broken. When I received it the wood grain and color was "off". I pried the wood trim off the old console and "new" console and switched out the wood.

Rexster,

He is saying the shifter knob wood is a different color than the rest of the wood. I would say it was changed maybe because the leather on the shifter was worn, but didn't worry about matching the wood.

More than likely the console lid broke (hinges are frail) and the entire top portion of the console was replaced under warranty with a mismatched wood trim. The hinges were totally broken off when I got our XLR. After about 8 months I found a console on eBay that wasn't broken. When I received it the wood grain and color was "off". I pried the wood trim off the old console and "new" console and switched out the wood.

Rexster,

He is saying the shifter knob wood is a different color than the rest of the wood. I would say it was changed maybe because the leather on the shifter was worn, but didn't worry about matching the wood.

Yup, didn't read it close enough, but the idea is the same. It was changed at some point in time

check VIN

I think if you check your VIN it will tell you which wood came in the car. Maybe the gearshift knob is original and everything else was changed? I doubt it. Some one just bought the wrong knob

different colors of wood in my XLR

If you have different colors of wood in the interior of your XLR, someone obviously changed it. All the wood on the interior was the same color; whether is was light or dark.

Thank you. That's just what I thought

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back