Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Corsa vs Borla

beaver_jd

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Red XLR / 2007 XLR-V
Can I get an opinion on Corsa exhaust system vs. Borla. I know the Corsa is way more expensive and is probably better but I only use this car 5 months of the year so I want to keep the costs down. Does the Borla sound pretty good ?
John F.

I can only repeat what I have heard, but you will get significant drone at highway speeds with the Borla system. The Corsa system is the only aftermarket system backed by GM. I have a Corsa and have almost no drone at highway speeds. Just my opinion, but the Corsa is just loud enough to make our XLRs sound like a sports car, but doesn't detract from its luxury roots. Shop around. I found mine on line for less than $1500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, a fellow Canadian!
I have to say DITTO to Nerkpowers words. We actually replaced a Borla system with a Corsa on another car a number of years ago as it droned so bad at highway speeds. Not the end of the world for someone who is looking for noise with cheaper cost for blasting around in town but you are driving a classy car, you don't want to feel like you are in some old busted down truck droning down the highway.

With light acceleration the Corsa has a sweet sound but when you stomp on it it roars; but most importantly when it comes to highway speeds with the top up you will not be frustrated with an annoying drone. Also, these systems fit beautifully, easily done if you have access to a hoist and have some basic mechanical skills. As suggested, shop around and find your best deal, keeping in mind shipping costs etc (often included on some sites) I got mine with free shipping but I cant remember who it was from now, 5 years ago, but found on ebay back then.

I can only repeat what I have heard, but you will get significant drone at highway speeds with the Borla system. The Corsa system is the only aftermarket system backed by GM. I have a Corsa and have almost no drone at highway speeds. Just my opinion, but the Corsa is just loud enough to make our XLRs sound like a sports car, but doesn't detract from its luxury roots. Shop around. I found mine on line for less than $1500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With all due respect to everyone here I need to clarify a few things. First of all we never released an exhaust for The XLR so this thread is a bit misguided. I'm wondering what you guys are comparing? Secondly, Borla is currently the exclusive supplier of GM performance exhaust so many of our products are indeed backed by GM with even more coming. Lastly, around 2010 we went to great lengths to eliminate drone from all of our systems so anything released by Borla in the last 6 years is completely free of drone. If you have any questions please email me at davidb@borla.com or call me at the direct line to my office at 805.246.6067.

With all due respect to everyone here I need to clarify a few things. First of all we never released an exhaust for The XLR so this thread is a bit misguided. I'm wondering what you guys are comparing? Secondly, Borla is currently the exclusive supplier of GM performance exhaust so many of our products are indeed backed by GM with even more coming. Lastly, around 2010 we went to great lengths to eliminate drone from all of our systems so anything released by Borla in the last 6 years is completely free of drone. If you have any questions please email me at davidb@borla.com or call me at the direct line to my office at 805.246.6067.

That is great to know. As I had said, years back I had a Borla and it certainly droned. (I beleive that may have been my 98 Grand Prix) I had no idea there had been great changes in eliminating the drone in your current systems. That just shows you as to 'what was in the past' can haunt you into your future. As for XLR's: perhaps people installing Borla's were only replacing the muffler portion of the old system: I do not know as it was not me.
Anyway, thanks for keeping us informed David.

David,
Thanks for keeping us informed. I guess I had meant to say that it is the only system for our XLRs that are certified by GM (as stated by a knowledgeable member on our forum). It's good to know that your company has been working hard to eliminate drone. My only experience was with a 2012 Camaro with a Borla and it was loud all the time, intentionally I think.

Good to know there are excellent options for the future

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry