Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Crest emblem on center tail light?

C

Comfortzone

Has any one removed this emblem for any reason, or seen it off the fixture? Aim wanting to de-badge the car and this seems to be the trickiest one. I have found a place that custom makes emblems, so I can design my own, but I am curious how the original is attached.

From what I can see it appears to be seperate from the red lense, and more than likely secured by adhesive or adhesive tape. I have also debaged my car, I am also considering painting the rear license plate/reverse light panel OEM body color.

:cool:

Great info!! Any tips on debaging? Is there any discoloration or any way you can tell there was previously something there?

I have found http://www.motorheadjewelry.com/index.html they make custom emblems. I will probably have something custom done for the tail light.

For the grill, I am going to go to a hot rod shop and have them make me a billet style grill. I can not find anything aftermarket without a noticeable spot for the emblem.

Great info!! Any tips on debaging? Is there any discoloration or any way you can tell there was previously something there?

I have found http://www.motorheadjewelry.com/index.html they make custom emblems. I will probably have something custom done for the tail light.

For the grill, I am going to go to a hot rod shop and have them make me a billet style grill. I can not find anything aftermarket without a noticeable spot for the emblem.

What you need to do is get some dental floss or thin fishing line. Now you will carefully use the floss or fishing line along with some Goo Be Gone to cut through the adhesive behind the emblems. After removal you will have to clean any residue left behind, you can use the Goo Be Gone for this using small amounts on a good microfiber cloth. Make sure you do not use a circular motion, to insure not to leave any fine swirl marks. After you have removed all the remaining residue you will need to throughly clean, wax and polish the area....and you are done.

I also checked a few hot rod shops to have a custom made grille and I was quoted a price of $600.00 - $1200.00 depending on material and design. Too expensive for my blood, I was lucky enough to catch a deal on eBay for the E&G Classics grille...$400.00 with free shipping...couldn't beat it.

:cool:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back