Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Custom Paint or not?

Yes, those Prowlers do stay hidden. I did see a black one twice in Davenport, Iowa in April. After that I have not seen it. Maybe it was just passing through. The only other time I saw one was in Chicago in the May time frame. Otherwise I have seen them in Southern California. Even there Prowlers are rare. Whenever I drive it people always ask what is it and want to take pictures of it. However, those cars do stay hidden away. Also I have never seen one in the snow.

Talking about the Prowler!
Got a shot of this one yesterday at "THE SHOW BEFORE SNOW" in Westminster Md.
pa4u2u4u.jpg

I think also think they are not as many of these made as our XLR If it was they are hiding out garages and storage areas !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
" 05 GRAND DADDY"

I would paint it to whatever color / design you would like. I've been wrestling with the idea of painting mine matte black. Any more car dings and I think I will pull the trigger.

I would think you should paint one custom, just to irk the uptight "purists?" :chuckle

I saw a 50's Chevy pickup the other day that had a black hood and fenders that ended in black flames and the rest of the truck was a fantastic Candy Apple Red. A REAL Candy Apple, deep, shiny red. If I had the bucks I would paint my "Arrest Me Bright Red" 88 Vet that color.

Your XLR is red, look into Candy Apple, you'll really stick out!

Talking about the Prowler!
Got a shot of this one yesterday at "THE SHOW BEFORE SNOW" in Westminster Md.
pa4u2u4u.jpg

I think also think they are not as many of these made as our XLR If it was they are hiding out garages and storage areas !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
" 05 GRAND DADDY"

Yes! Looks cool! Nice to see one out of hiding. You are right about them being even more rare than XLR's. Only the five star Chrysler dealerships received a Prowler. The dealership had to sale that one before they got another one. The dealerships couldn't even pick the color. They got whatever color was assigned to them. That didn't matter because each one sold. If a person wanted a specific color they could order one but they had to wait six months. The Prowlers were never mainstream like the Vipers and XLR's. I love both the XLR and Prowler!

Last edited:
7800 mile xlr-v so.. cal.

Propely the lowest mileage XLR-v in the country I can say it's mine I have other vehicles it's just one that it's mine and there is no other reason I no reason is needed it's mine and it is what it is case closed! Jerz.

Last edited:
2006 xlr-v cause it's mine.

My xlr-v is propely the lowest mileage XLR-v in the country I can say it's mine I have other vehicles it's just one that it's mine and there is no other reason I need no reason none is needed it's mine and it is what it is case closed! Jerz.[/QUOTE]
P.S he'll of caddy ?.no ulterior matters as far as collectability.
I would paint it to whatever color / design you would like. I've been wrestling with the idea of painting mine matte black. Any more car dings and I think I will pull the trigger.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom