Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Deck lid position switch mount needs to be replaced

Uzi4U2

My XLR/V(s)
2004 Xenon Blue XLR
Long story short.... Battery died, had to use the key in the rear bumper to push the rear deck (trunk) open to access the manual drivers side door release so that I could open the engine hood and replace the battery. In the process of pushing the rear deck open, the lifting mechanism snagged the deck lid sensor and pulled it off its mount.

Saw in the Forum how to get a generic Amazon replacement switch (because its all sort of buggered now), BUT where can I get a replacement mount? I know the they are a discontinued part (what isnt on this ride.....), so anyone got a source of supply or done this before?

Thanks

I sent you a pm that i had one. Someone else needs it if you dont. For reference dealer only shows part number 19120639 but that is the cargo switch. That one several dealers are shown to have but have been called and they dont. We looked all over and never could find any listing for a part number on the one at the hinge let us know what worked out for you. The xlt parts troll listed one on ebay. No warranty no returns as usual.

Last edited:
I sent you a pm that i had one. Someone else needs it if you dont. For reference dealer only shows part number 19120639 but that is the cargo switch. That one several dealers are shown to have but have been called and they dont. We looked all over and never could find any listing for a part number on the one at the hinge let us know what worked out for you. The xlt parts troll listed one on ebay. No warranty no returns as usual.
I’m not sure if this is same issue, but I was rear ended and in the process of rebuilding my “totaled” car. The mechanism that releases the trunk is pushed so far in it is super difficult to get key to turn. Should I replace that piece and is it even available?

To replace it you need to remove the rear bumper. Then you would have to find a used one with a key as locksmiths usually cannot recode them. Most likely your reat crossmember that it attaches to is bent and that has itbin a bind. I had one frirnd that needed one and we just made a cable wjth a loop in it that hides under the bumper. Now he can put his foot in the loop push down while lifting the trunk . (his pump is bad)

To replace it you need to remove the rear bumper. Then you would have to find a used one with a key as locksmiths usually cannot recode them. Most likely your reat crossmember that it attaches to is bent and that has itbin a bind. I had one frirnd that needed one and we just made a cable wjth a loop in it that hides under the bumper. Now he can put his foot in the loop push down while lifting the trunk . (his pump is bad)
Thanks for replying- If I contort my body, hold the bumper up and twist the key just right, I can get it to release. As an “aged” woman, it takes about a week for my body to recover-haha. The solution you came up with sounds ideal, would love to see any pics on how to manufacture this. It seems like its just really out of alignment, but now that you mention the bent crossmember, that makes way more sense.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom