Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Deleating threads psoted in error

Wife's XLR

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2016 ATS-V Coupe; 2004 XLR
Sorry but I need help again with a post in one of my "For Sale" threads under Cadillac XLR parts for Sale / Wanted....In my thread titled2004 XLR Interior Parts for Sale-I didn't realize I had posted a reply 2 times already when I posted another reply this morning!!! Now I have 3 replies that are all on Page 2 of my thread. I didn't see the previous 2 replies because the post I was replying to was the last post on Page 1.

My request is if you could please delete 2 of the same replies I posted on page 2 and just leave the one reply, I'd really appreciate it. This way I don't look that stupid...:rolleyes:

I don't know why we can't do our own deleting so I wouldn't have to keep bothering you when I or anyone else for that matter makes a mistake (or two)...??? :dunno: It would be so much more convenient too.

And lastly, why can't we correct spelling errors or mistakes in the thread title either???

Anyway, thanks for your help in the meantime.

Wife's XLR / Sal

Last edited:
I will take care of deleting your posts.

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. The forum software only allows Administrators to edit thread titles unfortunately. Members are more than welcome to email me or send me a PM asking me to edit a thread title. It takes two seconds, and I really don't mind doing it.

2. Deleting posts: The issue with deleting posts is that if a member starts a thread (so that member is the first poster in the thread) - it turns into a long chain of posts from other members and then the original thread starter deletes their post - it deletes the entire thread and everyone else's posts.

I prefer that if members want their posts deleted, they simply email or PM me and again, I'm more than happy to do it for you.

Thanks!

Rob-

got your reply email and thanks for your explanations and helping me to understand why things are done the way they are.

Sal

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back