Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Differences between XLR & XLR-V

C

CADXLR-V

Does anyone have a list of all the differences between the 2009 base XLR and the V series? Also, what kind of IPOD connection does the XLR or XLR-V have, if any? Anyone else dissatisfied with GM's Cadillac site? It's tough to find detailed specifications. At least for me.. :lol: Thanks!

You can find a lot of info in the Model Center section of this site for the '09.

Bruce :wave:

You can find a lot of info in the Model Center section of this site for the '09.

Yeah, I have been looking around there. I was looking for an easier way to get the details because I'm lazy... :) I was hoping that a side by side comparison spec sheet might be available. I used Cadillac's website to compare the vehicles, but it is elementary school basic. If you go by their site the only difference is the engine and MPG rating. It does not talk about the MSR controls, suspension, brakes, transmission, etc. Thanks again for trying to help.

The Vs have 19" wheels,wider tires (larger on the rear),bigger drilled brake rotors,larger brake calipers,larger rear differential,larger rear axles,external engine oil cooler and transmission cooler,they both have the 6 speed automatic (as of '07),of course the 4.4L S/C engine,both cars use the V hood(starting in '09),different wood and metal trim in interior,suede inserts in the seats and on the doors,no wood on the steering wheel on the V,larger exhaust (2.5") with bi-mode mufflers,mesh upper and lower grills,different exhaust tips on the Platinum edition,factory installed rear sway bar on the V and no adaptive cruise control on the V. I hope this helps.

Bruce :)

The Vs have 19" wheels,wider tires (larger on the rear),bigger drilled brake rotors,larger brake calipers,larger rear differential,larger rear axles,external engine oil cooler and transmission cooler,they both have the 6 speed automatic (as of '07),of course the 4.4L S/C engine,both cars use the V hood(starting in '09),different wood and metal trim in interior,suede inserts in the seats and on the doors,no wood on the steering wheel on the V,larger exhaust (2.5") with bi-mode mufflers,mesh upper and lower grills,different exhaust tips on the Platinum edition,factory installed rear sway bar on the V and no adaptive cruise control on the V. I hope this helps.

Bruce :)

Yes, it does... Thanks again for all your help Bruce. One question, what is the ALPINE LIMITED EDITION exactly? Are all the 09's alpine limited editions? I have been trying to get info out of the Cadillac dealers, but it seems very few of guys at the dealerships have any experience with them. Consequently, I'm not very confident with some of the answers I have been getting. Most of time the preface their answers with "I think" so I stopped asking them.

'08 Alpine White

The Alpine White Editions were '08 models. They were a limited production run and were available in standard and V models. I will try and find pictures to post.

'08 Alpine White

Here are a few pictures taken @ the Bowling Green Assmbly Plant;

Interesting... I have a build sheet for the 09 I'm looking at and it says

Merchandising Model : 6YX67 -2009 XLR-V ALPINE LIMITED EDITION Gross Vehicle Weight Rating : 1939 kg (4275 lb) Order Number : MTXTPB Build Date : 06/19/2008 Build Plant : 195Y

Is there a alpine limited edition and a alpine white limited edition or is the build sheet incorrect?

Maybe they carried the color over on a few '09s. If you have the VIN,send me the last 8 numbers.

It is Crystal Red,89U. I don't know why it is listed as an Alpine Limited Edition. I think they made a mistake @ the plant when the information was being loaded for this vehicle.

It is Crystal Red,89U. I don't know why it is listed as an Alpine Limited Edition. I think they made a mistake @ the plant when the information was being loaded for this vehicle.

Yeah, that's what I figure. I'll be making a decision this week on the car. If I get it I'll post lot's of pics and my impressions. I really appreciate all your help! If I can ever do anything for you don't hesitate to ask. Tim

The Alpine White Editions were '08 models. They were a limited production run and were available in standard and V models. I will try and find pictures to post.

The White looks Great!!

One of the things that I am having a hard time with is color choice! What's with half the colors on the XLR-V being a shade of Black?!?

Top down with Ebony seats under Carolina sun - Ouch!! No White. No Red. No Light Gray.

STS-V is even worse! No White. No Red. Just Silver, or THREE shades of Black!!!!

I don't know why this is, but ....
We live in San Diego .... lot's of sun all year around .... for whatever reason, this black interior just doesn't get "hot" like other black interiors that we have had .... 'don't know if its the type of leather or what - but even going through the AZ desert (we saw temps of 117) - the car was not hot.

(Hey, mswaim .... maybe it's that Corithian Leather ... :lol: )

The White looks Great!!

One of the things that I am having a hard time with is color choice! What's with half the colors on the XLR-V being a shade of Black?!?

Top down with Ebony seats under Carolina sun - Ouch!! No White. No Red. No Light Gray.

STS-V is even worse! No White. No Red. Just Silver, or THREE shades of Black!!!!

I debated for awhile on color choice myself. Ultimately decided on Crystal Red with Cashmere interior. The red really pops and the light interior matches perfectly. I think the combination is gorgeous and I'm extremely happy with my choices. The sueded inserts in the seats make them much more comfortable especially in shorts. With the light colored interior and air conditioned seats I'm not concerned with the heat when I have the top down in the Florida sun. Good luck with making your choices.

Certainly there is a color for every taste ....

Thankfully, the XLR was never produced in that nasty taxi cab yellow ..... just pink :pukeface:....

I too, am a fan of white ..... I only wish GM would have opted to go the extra step and make the production in the Diamond White. The white they used lacked zing.

We have been told that the White Diamond paint is an issue with Bowling Green Assembly not Cadillac. There was talk @ RIII about a White Diamond Special Edition for 2010.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back