Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

DOOR JUST WON'T OPEN

JW7

Supporting Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 Raven Black XLR.... 2001 DTS...2009 AUDI A4 CABRIOLET
Hi all... Went to get out of my baby today and the door would not unlatch...tried to open with the inside button..hit the lock and unlock button a few times thinking may be stuck...It went to open...window came down slightly but would not
unlatched....Same when I went to open from outside...seemed like ready to open normally but did not unlatch..Pad is new and never been a problem till today..light does flash continuous when door was eventually opened..Truthfully never been too aware of lights except when locked them..
Had to use the Manual emergency lever on the floor and it popped right open..
Passenger door working fine..
Tried to find a thread on this and saw something about the Driver Door Module...but still not sure if any easy or easier fix to this...
Appreciate any thoughts...J

Last edited:
Charge your battery. Low voltage.

Door Just Won't Open

I know these cars are quirky if there is a battery issue, but find it odd that passenger door works fine but Driver door won't open..
Thanks for thought..going to check out charge as you suggested..
Keep you posted..J

Another thing you can do, which is pretty easy, is take the pad off the door, open it up and clean the contacts. I used glass cleaner and superfine steel wool. Made it look new inside again and solved my half opening problems. To remove it just take the fasteners out holding the pad to the door, pull the pad out away from the door and unhook the electrical connection. Make sure you have some tape to hold the wire that goes down inside the door, if it falls down in there you will have to remove the door panel and a bunch of other stuff to get at it.

DOOR JUST WONT OPEN

I replaced the Touch Pad not too long ago..All was working fine..Not just from outside that door won't open...From inside as well...
All seems normal in sound when go to open but door..I hear all the familiar sounds but just wont unlatch....
Tomorrow taking her in to check battery charge ..
Replace battery if necessary..
Hopefully that will get the gremlins out..

DOOR JUST WONT OPEN

In my attempt to find out what was happening here , I did find that my battery was in need of replacing , so that was a good thing.....However, after replacing it...the issue of the door not unlatching remained.. turned out to be a broken Driver's Side Door Lock Assembly which I had replaced and all is back to working fine...
Thanks to all you fellow enthusiasts for your input..

Taking my car to dealer tomorrow, I believe my passenger door being dead has to do with one of the two connectors in the door pillar area. Tried to get to it but the confined space makes removing the body side of the corregated piece too difficult for my old fingers. Hopefully the service tech tomorrow has skills to remeady this with minimal hours and parts. I'll report result later.

Attachments

• Elev v.jpg
    Elev v.jpg
    735 KB · Views: 150

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics