Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Driver program memory

Steve Lee

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
I can't believe, with all the smart guys on this forum, that no one can answer my post of 9/12/ 18. I looked all over the owner's manual and couldn't find an answer to my problem. I went into the HUD to no avail. I tried a lot of different things to rectify the problem, and didn't get the seat to go all the way back, and the steering wheel full up at shutdown.It goes up about 2" and the seat won't go back at all! I remember some one's post about resetting something by putting the driver window down, counting 5 seconds, putting it back up, then down and counting 5 seconds, then putting it back up to reset something; but I don't know what it was to reset, and don't if I have the details right; I don't recall, and I don't want to compound my problem so I'm afraid to try it. Come on guys, some one of you knows how to fix this!!!

I can't believe, with all the smart guys on this forum, that no one can answer my post of 9/12/ 18. I looked all over the owner's manual and couldn't find an answer to my problem. I went into the HUD to no avail. I tried a lot of different things to rectify the problem, and didn't get the seat to go all the way back, and the steering wheel full up at shutdown.It goes up about 2" and the seat won't go back at all! I remember some one's post about resetting something by putting the driver window down, counting 5 seconds, putting it back up, then down and counting 5 seconds, then putting it back up to reset something; but I don't know what it was to reset, and don't if I have the details right; I don't recall, and I don't want to compound my problem so I'm afraid to try it. Come on guys, some one of you knows how to fix this!!!

The window programming u speak of is just to re initalize Windows so they power up and down all the way by themselves.

Page 10 in the manual explains everything u need to know about what u are asking. roid

This may come a little late, I just came across this when I was having an issue, perhaps this could help someone else. The owners manual does have a wealth of information although a bit redundant. It appears perhaps this setting is "off" in the DIC (driver information center) per the owners manual section 3-78. I am going to try turning it on to see if it resolves my seat memory or not having memory situation that just started, I bet I turned it off inadvertently while learning my new to me XLR.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom