Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Driver seat not working

Dwolf

Account Suspended
My XLR/V(s)
Black 2009 XLR platinum
The driver seat Controls do nothing none of them do is there anyway to move the seat manually or I can get to the rear bolts to pull the seat out? i'm almost certain that I have some wires that has gotten hung up on something and cut into it's hard to see under there but that's what it appears like and I don't see anyway getting the driver seat out or getting to the wiring without being able to move the seat any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated I tried using the pastor side controls on the driver side and nothing happened and either the fuses are all good all the connections are properly connected so I'm certain The wiring is chafed or cut into.

Removing drivers seat

Does anyone have any ideas for removing drivers seat? It is all the way to the back where its impossible to get to the rear bolts. The wiring harness got caught in the seat track somehow,got chewed into damaging several wires. Im not able to get to the wiring. Is there anyway to mauually move seat where the rear bolts can be gotten to? The position the seat is stuck in causes to much preasure behind my lower thigh. I went on a 400 mile road trip last week and that's when I really discovered it was causing a problem I was about to die by the time I got out of the car was so uncomfortable please please someone help me out what do I do? How was it possible that both seats run off the same fuses and relays yet the driver seat the wiring is cut into it and Shorted out and it even got hot, it looks like it nearly caught on fire,but it doesn't affect the passenger seat?

Anyone have any ideas for removing driver seat

There is no power to my driver seat. I got the front nuts off but cant see any way to get the the rear nuts as the seat does not move due to part of the wiring harness being damaged. Appears the barness may have got caught in the seat tracks for some reason causing there not to be any power to drivers seat. Arent both seats run off same fuse? If so why wouldnt the fuse be blown? The passenger seat works fine. Surely there is a way to move seat manually when something like this happens causing need for repair?

have you tried this test.
sit in the drivers seat shut door.
turn on activate the accessory mode on the ignition button (do not start the engine)
once the accessory mode is on. (a light will appear on the dash switch and the display screen will say "accessory mode"
once this mode is activated try using the drivers seat control functions..
if it works then you can adjust the seat then start the car...

Removing driverside seat.ïï .m .m

have you tried this test.
sit in the drivers seat shut door.
turn on activate the accessory mode on the ignition button (do not start the engionce the accessory mode is on. (a light will appear on the dash switch and the display screen will say "accessory mode"
once this mode is activated try using the drivers seat control functions..
if it works then you can adjust the seat then start the car...
Being there was no power to seat nothing would move sest. Someone suggested unbolting the Seat track from that framework to bolster the floor I did this and it worked excellent taking the seat out and really wearing it as it had several wires that were broken into but thank you for your time I appreciate it but I got it working

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom