Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Driver Side Memory Mirror!!!

tonypro99

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2008 Red XLR-V
Hey All;

I seem to be having a problem with the Driver's side mirror retaining it's present position that I set it too! I have tried with both Key Fobs and they both seem to go to a different position then what I set it to.

Whenever I exit the car and and come back in it moves to a position "IT LIKES" and not the one I saved. I was wondering if anyone has a resolution for this issue?

Hey All;

I seem to be having a problem with the Driver's side mirror retaining it's present position that I set it too! I have tried with both Key Fobs and they both seem to go to a different position then what I set it to.

Whenever I exit the car and and come back in it moves to a position "IT LIKES" and not the one I saved. I was wondering if anyone has a resolution for this issue?

Sounds like the park assist is set and the mirror is tilting.

Sounds like the park assist is set and the mirror is tilting.

But the Park Assist feature only moves the Passenger Side Mirror, not the Driver's Side.

I get that sometimes too - in my DTX... just kind of moves where it wants to. When I adjust it (and set the memory), then it decides to move back and now its too HIGH. :dunno:

Key Fob Battery maybe....just a guess...... :cool:

I think it's the seat module memory unit. I am going to take a look at it one day and disassemble the unit and clean all the contacts. Other wise it could be shot and I may need to order a new one.

I have a 2005 XLR base and this happens to me all the time. I have taken it to the dealer and have even shown them how it has a mind of its own. However when they try to recreate it in the shop even after I show them - they can't I have been dealing with this issue for about 6 months now - but trading my 2005 for a 08 so let someone else deal with it. :)

Sully

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back