Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Driver's Seat Outer Cover

Steve Lee

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
Who out there knows how to take the outer plastic cover off the driver's seat. (The one where the seat controls are.) I see one(1) small rusty screw on the inner bottom edge, but nothing else to hold it on? Also, how do the cushion and backrest adjusters come off?

Hey Steve,

I've been doing upholstery work for 38 years, and we have never had an XLR in the shop. I bought an XLR last week, should pick it up Wed. I'll look at it and reply this week for you.

It should be really simple. You might have to have the seat out of the car to see more screws from the bottom of the seat. Just make sure you get all the screws before you start the pull on it.

Greg

driver's Seat Outer Plastic Control Cover

Hey Steve,

I've been doing upholstery work for 38 years, and we have never had an XLR in the shop. I bought an XLR last week, should pick it up Wed. I'll look at it and reply this week for you.

It should be really simple. You might have to have the seat out of the car to see more screws from the bottom of the seat. Just make sure you get all the screws before you start the pull on it.

Greg

I found one more retaining screw at the rear of that cover. Hard to get at it, probably have to use an offset phillips driver. The problem will be how to get the adjustment levers off?

Last edited:
Harbor Freight makes plastic pry bars. be careful but they pop off.

Good Luck

Harbor Freight makes plastic pry bars. be careful but they pop off.

Good Luck

I have those tools. Thank you for the info!! I tried, in vain, to pull them off by hand, and they wouldn't budge!!

I have those tools. Thank you for the info!! I tried, in vain, to pull them off by hand, and they wouldn't budge!!

What's the last thing to go through a bugs mind when he hits your windshield? His AS*!!

Whatever you do, don't keep prying on that cover. There is one small tab with a screw at the very front underneath and 2 screws on the side underneath. If you pry the top off you risk breaking the plastic cover tabs on the bottom. They put the seat together while out of the car.

You must take the seat out of the car, check procedure from service manual.

You must take the seat out of the car, check procedure from service manual.

I don't have a service manual. I know where the screws are, but how do I get the cushion adjuster and the backrest adjusters off?? I pulled on them with my fingers very hard, and they wouldn't even budge!! You can't pry on them, or you'll break that plastic side cover, or worse break them!! They must just pull off, but they won't!!!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom