Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Drivers side Air Bag light

fascady

Has anyone experienced their drivers side air bag indicator light coming on while driving, for no apparent reason? I've search the knowledgebase and can't seem to find any info. I thought I had read a thread about someone else having this problem, but can't seem to locate that either! I'd appreciate any input from this astute group about this problem!

Could be the sign of a low battery our cars do strange things when the battery is low.

:cool:

I would encourage you to have this issue checked out. Please keep us posted when the issue has been taken care of.

Thank you,
Caron, Cadillac Customer Service

Has anyone experienced their drivers side air bag indicator light coming on while driving, for no apparent reason? I've search the knowledgebase and can't seem to find any info. I thought I had read a thread about someone else having this problem, but can't seem to locate that either! I'd appreciate any input from this astute group about this problem!

Thanks for the info. I will see what the Cadillac dealer says .

driver side airbag light

MY air bag light would come on under very hard acceleration or extreme braking. The dealer replaced both sensors under the front bumper cover. First one, and then the other until the problem was solved. I also read that there is a sensor in the seat belt tensioner that has been known to fail that will cause the air bag light to come on.

ABS light came on after i took out drivers seat

I had to unbolt the drivers seat today in my 06 because wire for the lumbar in the seat had come out of the wiring harness. I did not completely remove the seat from the car, but had it up on blocks until I could fix the broken wire. I had the seat belt extended all the way.

Now the Airbag readiness light comes on and goes off frequently when driving. It will be on for two minutes then go off. After reading this post I think I may have somehow broke the airbag sensor in the drivers side seatbelt.

Does anyone know how to access this sensor to replace it. There is no way i am taking it to the dealer for this, I just spent $2600 at the dealer last week on this car. </SPAN></SPAN>

i called a fellow XLR owner. He said with the car running and somone in the drivers seat. Unplug the seatbelt and extend the seatbelt all the way out. As the seatbelt was extended near its limit, I watched as the ABS light on the dash went out. Has anyone else had this problem?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom