Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Emergency brake stuck

rsvette182

My XLR/V(s)
2006 Silver XLR
I’m not familiar with these cars, someone set the parking brake, I made it worse thinking you push back down to release but apparently that’s not the case. If anyone has any idea on how to release it, it would be greatly appreciated! This is an ‘06 base.
2CC4CBFC-A71D-416F-80B2-3609A7D6248E.jpeg

Hey,

There is also a manual release lever down there under the dash. Be careful to have your hand clear of the brake mechanism, if you chose to or have to go this route.

Bill

Hey,

There is also a manual release lever down there under the dash. Be careful to have your hand clear of the brake mechanism, if you chose to or have to go this route.

Bill
Wouldn’t release when I put it in gear, had to go this route. Thank you!

I recently had an issue with the parking brake, and after reading this post could not find the manual release. I figured I'd try to help clarify. The manual release is found on the top side of the plastic panel that houses the footwell lamp. If you reach your hand behind and above the light (pictured in the first post of this thread) you can feel around and find this lever. You'll never see it otherwise. Good luck.

Attachments

• Manual Brake Release.JPG
    Manual Brake Release.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 44

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics